Thread: Veneers

Question Veneers

Hi,

I just wanted abit of advice.

In January this year I was in Goa on a family Holiday. My family go out there every year and visit a dentist over there. I decided to visit and decided I would have veneers fitted. All has gone to plan and they look and feel great. However I keep worrying about them thinking that something will go wrong. My teeth feel fine, however the gum bleeds every now and then and sometimes they are slightly sensitive is this normal? Also the back of my teeth are slightly discoloured is that normal? , I make sure I brush and use every type of mouth wash possible as I have been so worried about it. Just in case going abroad was not the right thing?!

If I go to a normal dentist will they be able to see if anything is wrong or am I better going to get checked by a dentist that deals with Veneers?

Please help just abit worried!

Something does not sound right here. Bleeding gums can be a sign of gum disease and needs assessing urgently. The staining on the back of your teeth may just be staining or it may be decay. You also shouldn't be having any sensitivity. You need to seek the advice of a dentist who is comfortable with veneers

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Is there anyone you could suggest I visit? Maybe one of the experts on here.

The bleeding is not very often, Just now and then. But now I am quite worried. I live in Hertfordshire and am will to travel to find a good dentist that will tell me the truth and not try and sell me things that are not needed!

Like I said they feel ok and dont hurt, Slight sensertivity between the teeth now and again.

Many Thanks

Nadia

Thank you for your quick response

You can always go to the find a dentist section on the homepage of this site. Ideally you should return to the dentist who did the work although I understand this is difficult.

The "slight sensitivity between the teeth" is a concern and needs immediate attention

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy