Default A good costemtic dentist needed

Hello Everyone!

Stumbled across this forum whilst looking for a good cosmetic dentist. My teeth are not disastrous I admit, however I have become unhappy with them. I've also never been quite happy with the shape of my teeth(even after I had my brace removed) After quite alot of research, I came across a couple of very good looking cosmetic clinics (with top qualifications in America etc) However, due to the very expensive price tag, I am now inclined to see if I can get some work done in the US. Would be grateful if anyone could recommend a very good cosmetic dentist based in the US. Or anyone who has had any experience of having work done over there.

Thanks so much in advance

Alison

are you living in the US
    Dr Nick Fahey BDS (NZ), MCLIN DENT PROS (London), FRACDS, MRD RCS (Edin) Pros, MFDS RCS (Eng)

No based in the UK at the moment.

be very wary of what some people say about there qualifications online i.e. someone who says they have a masters from a US institute usually means that they have done a few days of training with no formal examination. whereas a proper masters in the UK is at least a year full time training at a university.
    also, if you have a good reason to go to America, like family over there then fine but will it seem such a good idea if you have to go back to the US if you have problems.
    i see a couple of patients who have gone to scotland to do treatment a bit cheaper and trust me they find that enough of a hassle when they are going back time and again to get things fixed.
    there is also the problem that if you have a problem (and it does happen) you are going to be hard pressed to get a satisfactory solution not living in the US where as if you have treatment in the UK you will have access to tall the UK regularity bodies.
    not trying to rain on your parade, just point out some factors you may not have considered
    Dr Nick Fahey BDS (NZ), MCLIN DENT PROS (London), FRACDS, MRD RCS (Edin) Pros, MFDS RCS (Eng)

always remember no mater how good a dentist is - things can go wrong but like Nick says if your dentist is round the corner it is much easier to deal with problems and issues than traveling to another country. Its worth considering this as in many cases it can be a false economy in the long run. Also remember that a goo dentist in the US will charge the same if not more than a good UK dentist. My advice would be find somebody with a good reputation and portfolio that is closer to home.
    admin