Default Basic dental care!

I have porcelain crowns and some of my own teeth in front, top and bottom. When they were put in years ago they all matched in color. Now as I am getting older the colors of the crowns and natural teeth are discoloring. Will any whiteners work or, as I have been told my my dentist, will veneers have to be put on?

If you natural teeth are becoming darker , whitening is an option, but you have to be aware of the risk that you may not get a uniform colour. If this fail then you do have the possible option of veneers as your dentist has discussed
    Dr Kalpesh Bohara BDS MFDS RCS

View Dr Bohara's profile click here

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire
    High quality general and cosmetic dentistry
    www.dental-suite.co.uk

If you are happy with your original crowns and it is your natural teeth that have darkened then whitening will lighten your own teeth back to the colour when you were younger . Care should be taken as the porcelain will not whiten , and so if you over whiten your natural teeth then they will be lighter than the porcelain.

If you want to achieve a shade lighter than the original crowns then the whitening can be completed to the lightest shade possible and the crowns then replaced to match this shade .

If changes other than colour are desired , such as to the shape and arrangement of your other teeth , porcelain veneers may be worth considering.

I would advise a consultation with either your own dentist (or with a new dentist if your own dentist will not address these concerns) to discuss all these matters . A full set of pictures and x-rays should be taken as part of this consultation process and then a treatment plan agreed which addresses your concerns and wishes.
    Dr David Bloom BDS

great advice for you, Huxlley from David here
    Dr Nick Fahey BDS (NZ), MCLIN DENT PROS (London), FRACDS, MRD RCS (Edin) Pros, MFDS RCS (Eng)

Whitening is an option. You should try some whitening products, before going to a dentist for professional whitening.