Default Confident about free dental Free whitening!!

I recently used an at home teeth whitening kit that apparently is dental grade. I trimmed back the teeth trays to the gumline as recommended but after only a couple of uses (and minimal time each go). I was horrified to discover my gums have receeded noticably!! I am so upset, please yell me - Will they grow back? Is this normal? and should I cease using the product?

[QUOTE=Huxlly;2956]I recently used an at home teeth whitening kit that apparently is dental grade. I trimmed back the teeth trays to the gumline as recommended but after only a couple of uses (and minimal time each go). I was horrified to discover my gums have receeded noticably!! I am so upset, please yell me - Will they grow back? Is this normal? and should I cease using the product?[/QUOTE]

your gums may have receded due to undiagnosed gum disease, patients gums usually get healthier with whitening
    it's bleach after all, bleach kills bacteria.... would you try your own chemical peel, see a dentist or DIY with over the counter products
    Dr Nick Fahey BDS (NZ), MCLIN DENT PROS (London), FRACDS, MRD RCS (Edin) Pros, MFDS RCS (Eng)

I agree with Nick, there seems to have been an underlying issue that needed investigating first. Without a consultation it will be difficult to determine how much damage, if any, has been done. I would recommend you seek urgent dental care

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

carrying out DIY dentistry with home whitening kits is not advisable by dentists any whitening procedure shoudl be dentist-supervised. A consultation and examination by a dentist before your procedure would help him/her assess the health of your mouth first.

Most dentists would probably agree that its important to make sure your teeth and gums are healthy before undergoing any dental procedures.
    admin