Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default Teeth Whitening £99

I had my teeth whitened in Romford, London. The laser treatment that i had done was painfree and the results were amazing. They have a special offer on: The whole treatment for £99

Sarah
    Last edited by Dr Pav Khaira; 03-03-2008 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Advertising for practices is regulated under the rules of the forum

I'm glad you had a good result! If you take a look at the advice given about power whitening, it is highly recommended to have trays made for long term maintenance
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Thanks for the advise Dr Pav Khaira.

Sarah
    Last edited by Dr Pav Khaira; 03-03-2008 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Direct promotion of practices is against forum rules

I personally do not use power whitening, I use a very specific regime and that is why I achieve the results I do.

The chemical used for whitening are very powerful, and only dentists understand how to manage the situation to make things go right, and what to do when things go wrong.

There are too many clients looking for Ferrari level whitening but are only prepared to pay second hand banger prices.

Not all whitening is the same.
    Last edited by Dr Pav Khaira; 05-06-2008 at 01:18 PM.
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

Well since my wife and I have had our teeth professionally whitened in Romford, I thought I should chime in!

We visited a clinic in the town centre and from our experience we can proudly say we both were very impressed with the service, and have great results which we are very pleased with and like “Sarah” has already said, but for two…. it was price was only £149 and we were advised to return every four to six months for a “top up” to keep them at their whitest!

We would highly recommend this clinic to anyone.

There are some interesting views on teeth whitening in this forum and Dr. Khaira, I respect your opinion.

BTW I’m interested to know more about what chemical you use and learn more about your ” very specific regime” to whiten teeth”?

Enjoy the weekend everyone. :)
    Last edited by Dr Sepehrara; 05-03-2008 at 01:42 PM. Reason: Direct promotion of practices is against forum rules

I'm very glad that you have had good results from your experience. Many of the products used are very similar in their composition, so its not about which products are used rather than how they are used. The chemicals I use are the same as everyone else.

The longer the products stay in contact with the teeth the better the result you will achieve. I get best results from custom made trays which are made by a very specific design so that the tray are tightly sealed, this enhances the effect of whitening as many other trays leak and the gel is inactivated by saliva.

By no means is this the only way to whiten teeth, I am simply putting across my views and technique from the literature I have read and reviewed. I have tried other systems and in my hands I get far superior results with this technique
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

Dr. Kaira,

Thank you for your reply. By the sounds of it your technique works very well.
    I wish you much continued success with your technique. We too have tried those trays in the past, and you are right about the leaking as the gel really irritated our gums and was very slow to work and pain in the neck to use that’s why we chose the “power whitening technique” which proved to be cheap, quick, safe and very effective.

What chemicals work best for you and are they all the same strengths or do they vary?

Thanks for the comments. It won't be these trays you have tried as they don't leak! The problem with leaking trays is exactly what you describe, a higher incidence of irritated gums.

Most whitening products are one of 2 basic formulations and most brands are variations thereof. I use the products of a company called Optident as their product has been around the longest and has the best long term studies. Gel formulations can have very different strengths. Do remember that when done well the procedure is very safe and effective. I personally have whitened my teeth several times!
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

Default my teeth didn't go white.

I had my teeth whiten at this tanning place in Romford for 99 but it didn't go white at all. They asked me to come back for another treatment but there's no point cos it didn't work at at all the first time. I was abit gutted that I didn't get my money back. Is there anywhere that you recommend so i can get my teeth whiter?

Default visit a dentist that offers whitening

At 99 I would worry about the quality of products there are using, most dentists would pay more than this just for the raw materials and lab fees. I would advise you to see a dentist that offers a professional whitening system. I myself have used enlighten teeth whitening with fantastic results. I have also used zoom in the past which also gave good results but not as close as Enlighten.