Default stains still remain after zoom whitening

This morning i have just experienced a very painful Zoom whitening treatment. i can cope with the pain, but not with the price (fivehundred and fifty pounds) or the outcome. I must admit i have got naturally yellow teeth, which are extremely strong (no fillings at age 45), but they were badly stained (I drink a lot of TEA...20 cups a day).
    Anyway to cut a long story short(sorry for rambling on), .
    parts of the teeth are still stained,(especially areas near gumline). the molars are also still stained. It just looks very odd,(areas near the gumline yellow, top area of teeth white) the dentist seems to think that he has lifted the colour by 7 shades.

Am i stuck with this staining, or should i try something else.

hope i made sense

It is quite normal for the necks of the teeth to stay slightly yellow, mosts dentists try to make patients aware of this potential risk. 20 cups of tea is a large amount to drink! You will need regular maintenance with custom made trays to help prolong the effect of the whitening.

Without this and with continued tea, I'd expect your "normal" tooth colour to return in about 3 months. It is not normal to whiten molars when undertaking power whitening treatment. I personally do not undertake power whitening as I have better and more stable results using other systems.

I am sorry you o not have the result you wanted.

I hope this answers your questions

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

thanks Dr Khaira

Unfortunatly the dentist did not explain this to me. I think i have been looking at too many before and after photos on the internet and perhaps had an unrealistic view of what my teeth would look like.

Yes 20 cups of tea is a lot, but honestly i am addicted, i have been drinking the stuff since I was 4 years old. i tried to come off the stuff, but had serious withdrawal symptons

My dentist has advised drinking my tea with a straw :)

What other systems do u use, and what do u mean by more stable results Sorry if this question has already been answered

but once again thanks for your time

A much better result can be obtained be keeping the gel in contact with teeth for longer than 90 minutes. Zoom works significantly better when combined with at home trays also.

I use at home trays but for an extended period using different concentrations of gel at different points to achieve maximum results. Not everyones teeth will go white!

My teeth are very white but I have been whitening them for a while and keep them topped up regularly.

Opalescence toothpaste (available from dentists) is superb at removing stains from tea and coffee. I'd stay away from over the counter stuff which can be abrasive though.

Most whitening gels are very similar, its how they are used that counts
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy