Default sensitivity...a word of warning!

For anyone with acid erosion... I started using my custom whitening trays tonight (Opalescence 16%). I have acid erosion (now under control). My dentist had warned me of sensitivity...all was going well for the first 5 mins and then a strange 'shock' went through one of my upper pre molars, followed by my lowers. A few more minutes passed and it was time for the trays to be ripped out...my pre molars felt like fireworks were going off and pinging around my mouth. I immediately applied the supplied tooth mousse to calm them...but it took quite a while for them to become bearable and even Tylex pain tablets were not completely effective (medication I usually take for bad migraines’). My dentist told me to stop, wear my trays with the desensitizer and exchange my gel for 10% and to use it on the front 6 upper and lower, only for an hr or two at a time and not overnight. So, that's just a word of warning - I'm probably an extreme case, but I'd rather have slightly discolored teeth (I'm A2) than that pain - it was horrible!!!!

Thank you, useful info.

did you try the desensitiser?
    Dr Nick Fahey BDS (NZ), MCLIN DENT PROS (London), FRACDS, MRD RCS (Edin) Pros, MFDS RCS (Eng)