Default Teeth whitening toothpastes

Hi I have had me teeth whitened about 6 months ago but they are begining to turn yellow again, I guess with the food I eat and stuff there is nothing io can do i am a heavy smoker and I drink about 5-6 cups of coffee a day.

I have seen there are many different types of teeth whitening toothpastes on the market such as colgate simply white one called super smile whitening tooth paste and one by jaina (sp). Anyway my point is that if i was to have teeth whitening again to get my teeth to the whiteness they were last time will a teeth whitening toothpaste keep them white afterwards? If so which whitening toothpaste brand would you recommend ?

Also if you have any other tips in keeping my teeth white after treatment other than stop smoking and drink less coffee! that would be appreciated.

Default Longer whiter results

hi many thanks for your post, the first thing to mention is that with any good quality whitening procedure there should be a provision for maintainance.

So with all whitening treatments done at my clinic Kissdental, we always provide a home kit which allows you to top up your whitening experiance when you feel the colour is starting to fade, for some people this can be very soon within a three month period due to the diet they have, ie drinking coffee and smoking heavily. or it can be every twelve months. This ensures that all you need to pay for is some extra solution if you want to top up your colour and not the whole treatment again.

there are many whitening treatments on the market but if your teeth are heavily stained and yellow a very predictable treatment would be to have an in house whitening procedure such as zoom whitening and then follow this up with a home whitening treatment such as enlighten. the full cost of this treatment varies from practice to practice but could be anything from £700 to £900.

So to summarise. if you are going to have the treatment done again make sure the treatment comes with a follow up home kit and the whitening toothpastes unfortunately dont really work so better to stick with what does.

hope this has been helpful.

Dr Kailesh Solanki
    kissdental
    www.kissdental.co.uk

I totally agree with Dr Solanki. Long term maintenance is crucial for a lasting result regardsless of which whitening system is used. It becomes even more important when someone smokes and drink red wine etc
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

seems like the general concensus is that teeth whitening tooth pastes do not work, I do know people who swear by optident's whitening toothpaste but then again the same people dont smoke drink tea or coffee so i guess even if they used normal collgate this would not make a difference!
    Popadoopus

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

The Opalescence toothpaste is the only one which works to reduce stains. All over the counter toothpastes have an abrasive component and so damage the teeth. The Opalecence one works with natural enzymes to breakdown superficial staining. Note the careful use of words there, it removes superficial staining, it does not whiten the teeth.

Hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy