Default Teeth getting darker! Help...

Hello,
    Thank you for taking time to read my enquiry.
    In my youth (now 17) I had poor oral hygiene and a bad diet, and as a result I have had many fillings and one root canal.
    After which I cut chocolate, sweets, fizzy drinks and, well, anything too surgery out of my diet- also I don't drink or smoke. I brush my teeth 2-3 times a day and floss.

However, the tooth (lateral incisor)I had root canal in is getting darker and a little more sensitive! I am scared there all going to turn browny black.
    I have booked a dentist appointment but as I am on the NHS, and it's not for a while.
    What do you suggest I do? Is there anyway a dentist could get the colour to look to natural or cover it? Or will it stay like this forever? Is there any methods to make my teeth stronger? Could it be Enamel hypoplasia?
    Its really getting me down, my smile looks ridiculous.
    Thank you for any help.
    Last edited by vintagebe; 02-10-2009 at 08:57 PM.

I can certainly understand why it's impacting your confidence. The good news is that there are lots of things that can be done. It's unlikely that it would be done on the NHS. You should of course seek your dentists' advice regarding the sensitivity.

Internal whitening or certain veneering or crown techniques can be used to mask the problem, and it should look completely natural.

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

[QUOTE=Dr Pav Khaira;1832]I can certainly understand why it's impacting your confidence. The good news is that there are lots of things that can be done. It's unlikely that it would be done on the NHS. You should of course seek your dentists' advice regarding the sensitivity.

Internal whitening or certain veneering or crown techniques can be used to mask the problem, and it should look completely natural.

I hope this helps

Kindest regards[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for the help, it's certainly put my mind at rest.

[QUOTE=vintagebe;1831]Hello,
    Thank you for taking time to read my enquiry.
    In my youth (now 17) I had poor oral hygiene and a bad diet, and as a result I have had many fillings and one root canal.
    After which I cut chocolate, sweets, fizzy drinks and, well, anything too surgery out of my diet- also I don't drink or smoke. I brush my teeth 2-3 times a day and floss.

However, the tooth (lateral incisor)I had root canal in is getting darker and a little more sensitive! I am scared there all going to turn browny black.
    I have booked a dentist appointment but as I am on the NHS, and it's not for a while.
    What do you suggest I do? Is there anyway a dentist could get the colour to look to natural or cover it? Or will it stay like this forever? Is there any methods to make my teeth stronger? Could it be Enamel hypoplasia?
    Its really getting me down, my smile looks ridiculous.
    Thank you for any help.[/QUOTE]

I have read an article regarding your problem. Hope this will help.
    http://cyberdentist.blogspot.com/2006/03/my-childs-tooth-is-turning-dark.html
    Kind Regards,
    Throgsneck