Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: White Again Ltd

Default White Again Ltd

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me? I am currently using an Inman Aligner and having great results. At the Mind Body and Soul event at Olympia last weekend I got talked into buying some tooth whitener from a company called White Again. I have seen them there for a couple of years running and know they do various events like wedding fayres as well so they seem established.

When I got home I tried to access their website www.white-again.com but it wasn't found and I can't see much about it at all on the web.

It's a bottle of gel with some clear mesh strips. You put the gel on the teeth and then cover with the strips for 20-30 mins morning and night. I am a bit concerned because when you put the strips on, the gel is pushed onto the gum - that can't be good for them can it?

I have used it twice but thought I would seek advice before using it anymore. The salesperson said it was less damaging than whitening toothpaste and that it can be used within a clear aligner or retainer rather than the strips but I am worried I will damage the retainer.

Any advice welcomed.

Jules, you should speak with whoever sold you the product. They should be a qualified dentist in order to prescribe whitening and will be able to give you sound advice

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

I'm pretty sure the salesgirl was not a qualified dentist. As there is no way of contacting them and I don't want to chance it I shall put down to experience and save up for professional whitening. Thanks for replying.

Default NEC wedding show

I purchased some of this at the NEC wedding show - surely they vet things like this?? I'm going to email the Event organiser and get the contact details as they do seem a bit dodgy.

There is no guarantee that these things are vetted well. The only way to make sure you are in safe hands is to see a trusted dentist.
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

Default White-Again Ltd

I know this thread started last year but I have today been searching through forums for any information on this company I can find.

The website you need is white-again.co.uk.

I purchased this a week ago from a wedding fayre in Manchester and I'm not impressed at all. The strips just slide off your teeth so are pointless, I have to admit I saw a very very slight lift to the shade of my teeth but it is very messy and not as easy to use as the sales girls advised.

On the website you will see a mobile number for Katie, I have just text her now to ask if I would be allowed a refund and she told me it would not be a problem but to contact her on Monday to sort it out as she is at another wedding show right now.

Fingers crossed I get my money back.

My original plan was to try smilestrips.co.uk. They are £45 and got great reviews on ITV's This Morning. Has anybody used these ? I don't want to keep being ripped off.

Hi,
    I was a bit dubious about the product at first but I have been using it for a while now and I'm really pleased! I had my teeth whitened through the dentists a few years ago. I had the gumshields made and was given some 22% peroxide based gel to use with it. I was told to sleep with this in my mouth and suffered hurrendous sensitivity on my teeth and gums. White Again is at a lower percentage of 16% and they only reccommend that yo leave it on for half an hour. The results are slower but I have had hardly any sensitivity... Just a little tingling. The strips are a bit messy but 'mould yourself' gumshields can be bought easily. I have also been doing a bit of research into teeth whitening on the internet (I have confirmed this with my dentist) and have discovered that carbamide peroxide isn't legal to be sold at above 0.01% by anyone in this country.Even if you are a dentist! In the U.S and some parts of Europe it can be bought over the counter at much higher strengths. From what I understand it is a legal grey area that needs to be sorted out.
    Hope this helps.

Default White again teeth whitening system - ideal home exhibition march 2010

Hi,

WHITE AGAIN TEETH WHITENING SYSTEM - IDEAL HOME EXHIBITION MARCH 2010

I purchased this 'White Again' product from the ideal Home Exhibition 22 March 2010.

Firstly the sales girl kept repeating that THEY provide this product to dentists to use on patients that pay £400 + for the treatment. Are they allowed to quote this if it isn't true ? Secondly the gel does not stay on the teeth under those silly strips it either goes into your mouth or onto the gum as the previous lady on here states.

I've only used it for a few days so i am still waiting for results. The sales people all had very white teeth so they themselves are a good advert. I did question her as to the safety aspect. She did keep telling me they would be allowed to promote there product at the ideal home exhibition if it wasn't 100% trusted and proven. I thought this must be true, the organisers are hardly going to promote a damaging product.

My teeth certainly feel very clean and a little tingly this morning. It is probably worth going out and buying the mouldable gum shelds.

Any further comments on 'White Again' would be very welcome.

Jenny

The info the rep has given to you is incorrect. ONLY a dentist can prescribe whitening gel, this is a legal requirement as dentists must screen for issues that may contradict the use of whitening and ONLY dentists are trained to do this. Either the product you have been sold is ineffective or has been illegally supplied.

There are of course many products available without the supervision of a dentist but there can be no guarantee of what the product actually is (i.e. whether it has passed safety requirements)

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

Default White Again

I am going to try and contact the organisers of the show. Surely they should not be allowed to sell this product giving false information.

Could you please tell me exactly what the procedure is to have teeth whitened at a dentist. Is it as simple as having a mould made and having gel applied. Is it something that done once will have to be repeated over a life time ?