Default Sensitivity after Zoom whitening

I had this treatment today and I am happy with the results and my sensitivity was minimal for a couple of hours after but then they have gradually got more painful. I feel like my nerves are exposed. I was warned about sensitivity but I thought this only really applied when eating or drinking very hot or cold food. But the pain in my teeth is constant and I dont know what to do about it, I cant sleep with my teeth like this. Im hoping by the morning (if I get some sleep) they will be feeling a bit better. But I just cant believe my teeth are this painful, especially as it got worse after the procedure! I have taken ibuprofen and was given a toothpaste for sensitive teeth but that actually made them hurt more! Im going crazy here!

Default zoom teeth whitening sensitivity

Did your dentist give you some home whitening trays? if so it may be worth putting some sensodyne in them and wearing them for a while this usually helps, the level of sensitivity is different in different people and can last up to 72 hours but I would recommend that you go back to see the dentist that treated you immediately, ask him to have a look at you and ask his advice.

Admin

The advice given is very sound. I can also say that although it can be very uncomfortable the sensitivity is temporary and normally wears off very quickly

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Thank you, luckily it has faded a bit now, I was just surprised how much they hurt yesterday and during the night. I dont have a home whitening tray yet, was maybe going to get one in a week or so. Thanks for your help.