Default acid erosion/teeth whitening.

hi
    i am a 26 year old male with a long history of tooth problems (mainly due to poor hygine and weak enamel) and i am finally looking into research to go out there and get these probs fixed as my teeth are making my life a misery!.

i have front teeth with very little enamel left caused by years of enamel eroision. they are weak and what i guess dentists my call a more extreme case of enamel erosion.

i currently have a nhs dentist who is nice but is always ina hurry to get paitents through so he ralrey seems to be able to have the time to answer any quistions i have so any advice would be appreciated!

i have tried the boots teeth whitening kit for a while now and it has limited results on my teeth. i was wondering if this is really apropriate on my teeth as they have so little enamel anyway. surely teeth whitening kits only whiten enamel rather than what little is left of teeth?.

thanks

All whitening products predominantly work on enamel, even if you have erosion it is still possible to whiten your teeth professionally. I would not recommend over the counter products as many can be extremely abrasive. Professional whitening is the safest and most predictable way to whiten teeth.

There are different systems available and the costs vary accordingly, and not all whiten the same degree.

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy