Default coffee stains and tobacco stains on my teeth

Hi,

I drink a lot of coffee and smoke quite a lot ..plan is to give up for the new year ....ahs been the plan for the last 2 years. anyway i use eucryl smokers tooth paste and this doest really shift the coffee stains and tobacco stains on my teeth. I have read that a clean at my dentist might do the trick like an airflow treatment but i have also thought about teeth whitening, but if i have teeth whitening how long will it take for the tobacco stains to come back on my teeth if i continue smoking and drinking coffee, is there anything I can do to keep my teeth white after teeth whitening even if i continue to smoke and drink coffee?

Thanks

Jack

Default keeping your teeth white

hi Jack, i have answered most of your questions in my previous reply, however the only way to ensure your teeth stay stain free and white would be regular visits to the hygienist and regular use of the home kit you received with your zoom2 whitening treatment.every six to 12 months. hope this is helpful.
    Last edited by Dr Kailesh Solanki; 01-02-2008 at 10:37 PM.

Hi Tony,

Dr Solanki is right. Also, the more you drink coffee and smoke, the quicker the staining will return. The nice aspect of the home trays is that they are yours to keep and if you want to top up the whitening more often you can
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Thanks for the advice guys this site is great its like having my own personal dentists at the other end of my computer! i feel privileged having such expert opinions and advice from you.

J

by the way forgot to ask what if i brush my teeth say 3 -4 times a day instead of 2 will this reduce the staining caused by cofee or do i need to keep having the home kits, are the homekits safe becuse i read somewhere that Dr Pav wrote that doing treatment at home could be dangerous and you need dentists supervision?

Brushing 4 times a day won't reduce the amount of staining. Home kits are perfectly safe, what I have a serious problem with are professional kits bought from ebay and other such places. When people do that, they get no instructions, have no idea what is in the gel (it could be knock off stuff from anywhere in the world). My best results are achieved with a combination of disposable and custom made trays. Works an absolute treat for me!
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy