Default Learning Teeth Whiting

Hi new to this site so apologies if I am posting in the wrong area.

I have just purchased two teeth whiteing machines, the smile spa and the smile quest. I wish to go into the teeth whiteing business shortly but would like advice on the actual qualification and insurance needed to be completely covered.
    I have completed my nvq level two in beauty therapies and I am now taking part in my level nvq three.
    I will be trained to use the machines but is there a recognised qualification needed to take part in the teeth whiteing procedure.

Any advice or direction will be really appreciated

Marisa

Unless you are a registered dentist or dental therapist/hygienist with additional training it is illegal for you to perform tooth whitening. The general dental council are prosecuting non dentists for performing these services under the dental care act
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

I asked regarding courses not to debate on legalities!

Teeth Whitening products were confirmed as being cosmetics on June 28th in 2001 by the House of Lords ruling in the case of Optident Ltd and another versus The Secretary of State for Trade and Industry. This means that they fall under the EU Cosmetics Directive inmplemented in the UK by the UK Cosmetics Products Safety Regulations 1996.

Marisa, I didn't mean to offend. I suggest you contact the General Dental Council for clarification or see the link below

http://www.cosmeticdentistryguide.co.uk/news/gdc-issues-warning-over-tooth-whitening-procedures-9194
    Last edited by Dr Pav Khaira; 06-20-2011 at 12:57 PM.
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy