Default Help with toothpaste choices please!

Hi

I have recently given up smoking as I was a heavy smoker and I paid to get the stains removed. Since this my teeth and smile have become very important to me I have been trying to keep my teeth nice and have been using Beverly Hills whitening toothpaste for months now, available pretty much everywhere, however my teeth seem to be going a bit yellow again. A friend of mine told me that the Beverley Hills formula toothpaste may be abrasive and ruining my teeth more than helping them, is this correct?

Can someone please advise a good allround toothpaste, available in most places, that will help protect my enamel whilst also whitening over time, I need to find a toothpaste I can trust and stick to over a long period.

I forgot to ask my dentist about this last time I was there and my next appointment isnt for a few months so any advice you can give me would be very much appreciated.

Thanks very much in advance.

The best toothpaste for this purpose would be Opalescence, a lot of dentists stock this but it is not available elsewhere. Most over the counter toothpastes are abrasive

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Thanks for getting back to me. That toothpaste is a little out of my price range right now. Just out of interest which toothpaste would anyone recommend from the supermarket?

I would say any supermarket toothpaste is generally acceptable except for whitening ones. The whitening toothpastes available in supermarkets tend to be abrasive in one form or another
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy