Default which is the best home teeth whitening product to use

Hello,

I am thinking of using the crest whitestrips teeth whitening product at home but I don't know if this is the best one I have looked over the internet and you can also buy the same stuff the dentists use with a mouth guard that you can mould yourself over your teeth. Has anybody used these home whitening products and do they actually work? I have been using pearl drops for a long time now and I dont think that it has made a difference so just looking for something more effective. I know I could go to a dentist but I have a real phobia since a painful experince when I was younger so would rather pick the best home treatment I can find.

Tony

Crest white strips will do nothing. Most whitening toothpastes are abrasive and not good for your teeth. Please be extremely careful of products bought on the net, they can be cheap imported products and can potentially do a lot of damage.

The only way to whiten your teeth safely is to have it done professionally. If you explain your anxieties to your dentist they will be sympathetic

Hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Ok so you wouldnt recommend buying a product off the internet like polanight whitening system or prowhitesmile? I have seen these both on websites. I guess i had a bad experince at a dentist a few years back and dont really want to face a dentist again. Is there any way a dentist can sell me something that I can use at home by myself? But something that is safe like you suggest?

T

Tony, I understand your anxieties but its really dangerous to whiten teeth without a professional consultation. Its really important to treat all your basic needs (if needed) first. If you have decay or gum disease, the whitening systems can cause pain.

I emplore you not to buy anything to whiten your teeth from ebay or similar, and I would be weary of anywhere that would sell you professional whitening products without a consultation

If you have anxieties of seeing a dentist, putting off going will only may the treatment required more extensive when you finally pluck up the courage to go. Modern dentistry is a superb thing, if you value your teeth please consider a full consultation. As I've mentioned before if you explain your concerns your dentist will be sure to calm your concerns
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy