Default What are Crest Whitestrips and do they work?

Hi I have heard about Crest White strips and from what I understand you stick them over your teeth and when you peel them off that your teeth are whiter and also that this teeth whitening treatment can be done at home. I like the idea of having my whitening at home rather than going to a dentist for it as I dont like going to the dentist since a bad experience as a kid, in fact im terrified but i do wantt whiter teeth, so is crest whitestrips the best way to whiten my teeth at home or is there anything better out there that I can buy over the counter?

Also i dont want to waste my money so want to know if there is anybody out there that has used crest whitestrips and if it has worked for them?

THanks

TonyB

Hi Tony, White strips won't work. Tooth whitening is a good way to boost confidence but can be difficult even with professional products. I would recommend finding a reputable dentist and making them aware of your concerns so they can look after you in a comfortable way

hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Default so crest white strips do not work?

Dr Pav,

Is crest white strips as good as using pearl drops beacuse i have had no results with this toothpaste. Is this one of those teeth whitening products that just does not give any results? I have read about so many people using them but your opinion as a dentist is more valuable than internet reviews that I have read

Tanks

Tony

Tony, neither white strips or pearl drops do anything. In fact, most tooth whitening toothpastes do nothing. The only one I recommend is Opalescence which is only available from dentists. The reason for this is quite simple, all other whitening toothpastes work by being very abrasive, they do a lot of damage to your teeth and encourage more staining when you stop using them.

Opalescence work by breaking down superficial staining, it does not whiten your teeth. No toothpastes whiten teeth. The only way to whiten teeth is to do it professionally. If you have a problem with staining, try the Opalescence, it may give you the results you're looking for
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy