Default best teeth whitening method.

My teeth are very yellow and i want them white. Cost vary alot online, some say bleaching, some say laser. In terms of results and how long they last, which one is best?
    For example if i were to keep brushing my teeth after every meal after lazy whitening, would there ever be a reason for it to go back to its original yellow?

Also, how much does the shape of teeth affect a smile? mine are pretty awful and i am self concious about my smile.
    Thanks for any info given. i can provide pictures of my teeth if needed.

Quite often with cheaper forms of whitening you will need more regular maintenance to keep your teeth white. This is not always the case and your dentist will advise accordingly. Even if you were to clean your teeth regularly, the effects are not permanent and you would need to re-whiten your teeth periodically. How often would be related to how much tea/coffee etc you consume

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

It is my understanding from what I have read, that once teeth have been whitened, they can revert back to being stained, but only if you keep up the bad habit. Teeth whitening all essentially use peroxide to whiten the tooth - once the stain is removed, it does not miraculously return on its own.

Brushing regularly will help, but make sure you understand why your teeth were stained to begin with. If drinking coffee or heavy smoking was the reason, brushing at the end of the day might not help.

As for the shape of your teeth - that's a personal question. It really depends on what condition your teeth are in I suppose.
    Last edited by Dr Pav Khaira; 07-25-2008 at 08:48 AM.

After you have whitened your teeth, they will gradually revert back to their old colour. Consuming food and drink which will stain your teeth will speed this process along.

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy