Default Deep Bleaching / Invisalign

Hi, I'm going to get Deep Bleaching done. It involves 2 appointments of 1hr15mins power whitening amidst 14 days of wearing overnight gel trays.

I am having this done at Visage in Glasgow. Can anyone recommend this treatment, or tell me about its effectiveness / painfulness / value etc. It's costing a limited time special price of 495 pounds.

I am also going to get Invisalign once i've saved up enough money, but I read Invisaligns Wikipedia entry which stated that, in peer-reviewed and objective dental trials, Invisalign only managed to achieve an average of 47.1% of the projected final result - or thereabouts.
    All the before and after photographs I've seen show great results. I've tried to combine both resources to draw a realistic expectation for myself. The conclusion that I've drawn is that the dentists who provide Invisalign treatment will have a natural bias towards selecting their most successful cases to present to potential customers as examples, but that these cases most likely do not represent the average realistic outcome.

It costs a lot of money, so I'd like to be sure of my purchase. Can anyone inform me of what i may reasonably and realistically expect from an Invisalign treatment? My teeth aren't extremely crooked - the two teeth either side of my two front teeth sit a little further back than the rest of them, and my four bottom row front teeth just aren't in alignment at all (apologies for not knowing the names of these, I know - I should have just that little extra research!!), so nothing really drastic. How good does it work? Also, as an aside, I've heard of this new thing called Six-Month Smiles - but if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. How does this treatment compare with Invisalign?

Many thanks!!

6 Month Smiles is not a new form of treatment. This form of treatment has been well known in the States for many years and is also known under the names of Powerprox or Six Month Braces.

Both Invisalign and 6Month Braces are excellent forms of treatments. It is very difficult to say what treatment option is the best for you wihtout a full clinical examination. I feel that successful treatment depends on careful case selection and on the clinician's experience and on patient's compliance. Patients have to understand that not all cases can be treated with invisalign and would therefore have to consider alternative options such as Damon Braces or Lingual Braces.

Hope this helps
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009

Can you give any opinions as to Invisaligns typical effectiveness? Like does it generally work quite well , and does it generally fulfil the predictions?

I completely understand that all cases are unique, and it's really quite refreshing to hear that too, though i'd really value a professional dentists 'holistic' (for want of a better word) and objective view on the worthiness of Invisalign. And if you could, as compared with 6 month Braces???

You are a superstar if you do...!

Hi

Invisalign is effective, and works well. But this really depends on the experience of the clinician. Same with six month braces.

I really cant answer which treatment is the best opton for you without examining your mouth. When i see patients for orthodontics, I personally always recommend traditional orthodontics or damon braces initially. These are ideal form of treatments. Invisalign and short term orthodontics (ie six months braces, powerprox, six months smiles...what ever you want to call it) are suitable for mild to moderate crowding cases.
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009

Well alright.. superstar!

Cheerio lads n lasses!