Default question about crowns from ellietooth

Ellietooth asked

"I have had a crown fitted but it has started to disintegrate at the back and become loose - I have returned to my dentist twice to have it fixed but surely this is a bad quality crown? The dentist tells me this is normal in crowns held only by a post and that I probably need a bridge, but the crown is only 3 months old. Can I ask for my money back and should i find a new dentist?"
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Ellie, asking for a refund is between you and your dentist.

There are a number of reasons a crown may fracture. When crowns are placed to a high standard, they should last a very long time. I correct many crowns and veneers which are failing, and often it is due to lack of space for the material required, resulting in a thin crown liable to fracture. Your dentist may be able to correct the problem.

The study of how teeth meet and function is known as occlusion, this is a poorly understood aspect and often also leads to crown fractures.

I have studied (and in fact have just finished another advanced course) with Dr Frank Spear from the US who is considered one of the best in the world. He also teaches that attention to detail is paramount for long term success

I hope this answers your questions
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy