Red face Composite Bonding

Hi I have a gap in between my top two front teeth, as it isn't that big my dentist suggested composite bonding to close the gap & make the two teeth either side longer. How good is this procedure? Does anyone recommend it? Or is anyone against it? Obviously this is the cheapest quick fix option compared to braces. I definately want the gap closed im just weighing up my options to see whats the best.
    Any help will be greatly appreciated. x x

if the gap is small then bonding is probably your quickest and least invaise option and also cheapest but this will need to be replaced every few years as it can stain but its quite a quick procedure and inexpensive, go to a dentist with exprience in this area though
    admin

'Bonding can be a very conservative and cheaper way to change the appearance of teeth and is nearly always an option. It can be difficult to do well but if done correctly looks great and is very conservative.

Other options include braces or porcelain veneers .It will not usually last as long as porcelain. Both veneer and bonding are quicker than braces but usually involve drilling the natural teeth in some way.

Both bonding and veneers should be conservative in the amount of drilling required but bonding is the most conservative. Bonding has some limitations in the amount it can change the teeth shape and in your case it is important that just closing the gap does not make the front two teeth too square. All these options should be discussed with you at the diagnosis stage by the treating dentists to allow you to make the choice that you feel is right for you'
    Dr David Bloom BDS

top notch advice from david and admin
    i normally suggest have the bonding done and then when it comes time to replace it if you are happy to take it to the next level get veneers as the replacement if you are happy with the bonding stick with that again

nick fahey
    Dr Nick Fahey BDS (NZ), MCLIN DENT PROS (London), FRACDS, MRD RCS (Edin) Pros, MFDS RCS (Eng)

Composite bonding would be a good way to close the space and certainly
    the quickest and cheapest .However they may be too square if they are
    not lengthened. The proportions of all the front teeth need to be taken
    into account. If the teeth need to be lengthened then bonding may not be
    the best way and it may be better to consider porcelain veneers or even
    braces to close the gap. In general bonding is a good treatment but
    difficult to do well and will not last as long as porcelain restorations

Regards

David Bloom
    Past President BACD
    Accredited member BACD

Senova Dental Studios
    10 Beechen Grove,Watford,
    Herts. WD17 2AD
    United Kingdom T: 01923 233600
    F: 01923 440041
    E: [email protected]
    W: cosmetic dentists in London dentists Watford provides tooth whitening, porcelain veneers and dental implants Watford
    Dr David Bloom BDS