Thread: Goofy teeth

Default Goofy teeth

I have really goofy teeth and have had them since i was a kid they were so bad then that my nickname at school was Goofy! anyway since then i have had braces which I wore when i was around and it seemed to sort them out. now im 26 and my teeth are getting more and more goofy, it is the front 2 teeth mainly that stick out but also the 2 either side of them do but they are not as bad.

Is there any treatments out there for Goofy teeth I have been readin this website and have seeen that there is invisible braces now which can be used, can you really not see these? I do not want to go through having braces again as i am in the public eye a lot with my job.

Is there any type of treatments for goofy teeth that can be completed in a couple of weeks so i don't need to wear braces for months? I have heard that dental veneers can be used for teeth that stick out but dont understand how they would push my teeth back ?

Thankd for any advice in advance

My instincts would suggest the follwoing are probably the best approach

inman aligner
    invisalign
    fixes braces
    Veneers may work for teeth that are slightly crooked, if you were to go for veneer treatment your teeth would need to be heavily prepared (drilled down) and even then I dont think they would look great.

Im sure some of the dentists will come along and give some sound advice when they see your question.

The reason your teeth may have moved again is that you have probably not worn a retainer since your first treatments, so your teeth will have a tendency to move back again.

Good luck

Admin

Admin is right on the money again!

Your smile is one of the first thing anyone notices, so it can have a huge impact on confidence.

From what you describe, I don't think you will be suitable for veneers. Invisalign won't work quickly but is really discreet. I have a client who has been in Invisalign braces for 7 months and her husband doesn't even know!

You may be suitable for the Inman aligner and your treatment should take 8-12 weeks (on average) but it is not quite as discreet. Retention is a must otherwise you will need to have braces again in a few years. Some form of permanent retention has to be provided after braces otherwise the teeth will simply move again

Hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy