Thread: smile makovers

Default smile makovers

can anyone recommend a good cosmetic dentist in Newcastle or nearby. for a smile makeover as seen on tv. i am willing to travel
    mohammed

Hi Mohammed, there are often many dentists available to undertake cosmetic work.

Cosmetic makeovers on tv are often a quick fix to simpler problems. I would suggest a consultation with a reputable dentist to discuss matters further.

Veneers are a superb option when used appropriately and placed well.

Often there are simpler solutions for problems, such as clear or rapid braces.

Unfortunately I can;t advise on who to see in the Newcastle area. Please choose wisely!

Hope that helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Dear Mohammed,

My advice to you in choosing a cosmetic dentist is:

1. To look at their websites to see the quality of their work
    2. To telephone dental technicians in your area and ask them who they would want to be treated by if they were going to have cosmetic dental treatment. Look in the yellow pages would be a good starting point to find the telephone number of dental technicians.

Hope this helps.

Dr Julian Caplan BDS
    Director on the board of the BACD
    www.avivacosmeticdentistry.com

Default tv smile makeovers

hi in answer to your question there are a few dentists that i would recommend in newcastle area for a high quality smile makeover.

Dr Andrew Stafford from the cosmetic dental clinic in newcastle city centre. i have had personal experiance with Dr Stafford having trained with him and also trained him on smile makeover techniques.

if you require any futher information or advice please do not hesitate to contact me.

Dr Kailesh Solanki
    Kissdental
    www.kissdental.co.uk

Interesting point about contacting dental technicians. Would they really be forthcoming with information? I'd be curious to know whether someone has tried this successfully and come back with a lovely smile.

The right technician is as important as the right dentist. A very good dentist using an average technician will produce an average smile. Similarly a mediocre dentist may fit beautiful dental work badly leading to problems such as root canals in the long term.

It's important that the dentist has a good relationship with the technician. It's also good to be able to meet the technician so that they can see what sort of teeth would suit your face and mouth. It also helps put the patient at ease and make them feel that their concerns are being taken seriously. The system of sending impressions off to an anonymous lab leads to smiles people are not happy with. Unfortunately much cosmetic way is still done this way with a dentist matching colour in the artificial light of a dental surgery. Colour needs to be matched both in daylight and artificial light.

The dental laboratories association might have contact details of labs in your area.
    http://www.dla.org.uk/about/team.php

That web link lists most dental technicians. Not very many are capable of undertaking work to an extremely high level so I feel that link is not appropriate. The best judgement is to see cases that your dentist has personally done and see for yourself. Colour does not need to be matched in daylight and artificial light, it needs to be checked under colour corrective light. There is technically a difference. It is also not as easy as simply getting the correct colour under a couple of lights. Different materials have different properties and look different in different lights! If we are doing a full smile makeover its not quite as significant as the technician will use the same material throughout. If you are matching u a single tooth, several visits to the technician may be necessary to get the correct natural look to the tooth
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy