Default Question for any dentists here?!

Hi there

What would you say if a 23 year old came in and requested most of her teeth to bbe taken out completely?

Okay, I don't want them ALL out - I'm just honestly desperate now. Over the past few years I have developed a severe phobia of dentist... I have to be sedated now for any treatment. It took me 2 and a half years to build up the courage to get a broken down badly decayed molar taken out in March. So I got that done, 2 days later I was in agony with dry socket and the gumline was infected. I was on Metronidazole for a week and it all cleared up. Now though..... the surrounding teeth are playing up and I'm booked into be sedated to get them removed too.

I honestly cant take anymore... it is driving me mental. I would quite happily have most of my teeth taken out if it meant no more toothache ever again. I know there'd be a lot of aftercare involving looking after my gums etc etc............ but I'm literally desperate.

By the way, most of my teeth that I would like removed are all filled to the max, there's a couple which need filled AGAIN when I get sedated again..............

I am not sure if my dentist would agree to it though so I'm looking to see if it's even slightly possible.

Thank you for any input from anyone

Alison,

I can understand your frustrations, particularly if your anxiety levels are high. Taking out teeth is not dependent on age, rather than the possibility of restoring with long term success. Part of the decision is what the patient wants to achieve.

My advise would be you would find it very difficult to get any dentist to remove your teeth if they were in a good condition. I'd recommend you get a consultation with a reputable dentist

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy