1. #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2009

    Cool Gap and chipped tooth


    One of my front teeth is longer than the other one . I think the smallest one has been broken when I was a little girl. It looks OK for me and it is hard to notice it but I realized that the longer one is going forward by time and that is worrying me. It not that bad but I am wondering shall I cut it to make it same size for the other one. My dentist advised me to do that. I don't like to do veneer or crown so is reshaping the tooth is a good solution and does it cause any teeth sentisive ? in bew I have a little gap between my front teeth as well. Also my dentist told me that I have a strong bite and that might affect any solution might be applied to my teeth.

    Kind regards,


  2. #2
    Dr Sepehrara's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008



    Of course i would firstly recommend a full examination to find ot all the possible treatment options.

    By your description , enamel recontouring is a possibility, only if a small change has to be made. Another possibility is some form of orthodontics i.e (this would also be able to correct you gap inbetween your front teeth)

    1. invisable braces
    2. conventional braces
    3. six month smile treatment.

    Remember the above is only possibilities, but without an examination of the mouth, we cannot be conclusive.

    I hope this helps.
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

    The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

    Quality dental and Implant care

    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Log in