Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default total facial sculpting

Modern techniques and advancements are now allowing us to undertake facial resculpting. Many clients are now combining advanced cosmetic dentistry with cheek implants, nose reshaping, chin implants, frown line, crows feet jowel reduction to achieve a much more youthful appearance. These techniques are now non surgical and can be performed within an hour. I have recently undertaken cheek bone definition for a client who has had some simple bracework done and she is thrilled with the results.

My only point is for people to look at the larger picture. Tell your dentist everything you are concerned about and what you desire. Together you and your dentist should be able to develop a plan to produce stunning results

Facial aesthetics goes hand in hand with aesthetic dentistry. Explore and enjoy the new possibilities. As with everything, find someone skilled and caring

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

A good point there Pav, a good dentist will look at the overall picture and not just the teeth but how the teeth / smile site with the rest of the face. Many dentists are now performing facial fillers and wrinkle softening botox injections in order to compliment a new smile.

These chin implants that you mention are they the same implants that cosmetic surgeons use?
    Popadoopus

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Default aesthetic medical conference London

just a heads up here . ..

Aesthetic Medicine 2008
    9-10 February, Olympia, London

http://www.aestheticmedicinemagazine.co.uk/pm/415

if anyones' going we'd be happy to meet up for a chat . .

Dave Jamus

According to one dentist in the UK facial shape can be altered and improved by the shape of cosmetic dentistry. He calls it a dental facelift. There are also dentists in America who go for this approach by lenghtening and shaping cosmetic dentistry to create a younger profile.

I'd say it's hit and miss to do cosmetic surgery at the same time as dentalwork. Dentalwork at the front of the mouth always alters something about the face and it can take a while for facial muscles to settle to the new shape. Nose jobs can often leave people with breathing difficulties because the cartilage can collapse leading to revision work. As with teeth it's all down to the skill of the surgeon. The quick fix makeover programmes send a dangerous message. If you start fiddling with anything on the face it will affect something else on the face. This includes changing dental work, and any cosmetic surgery. Everything has a natural balance and it's very difficult to replicate nature.

That aside, it is good that dentists are starting to take a greater interest in the relationship between facial aesthetics and dental work. This is why it is important for a technician to meet the patient.

The chin implants are a collagen type filler. Previous collagen fillers have had the risk of allergic reaction resulting in Lesley Ash lips.

The new type collagen is incredibly safe and used primarily for nose reshaping, cheek & chin implants.

We can now also use botox to reshape the jawline including jowel reduction and even reshape a strong jawline. This is particularly a hand procedure for women. The strong jaw is more of a masculine look, and reshaping can give a more feminine appearance.

This is all cutting edge stuff and my point is to listen to all the patients concerns. Many of my clients have facial resculpting when they have a smile makeover, adding to the overall effect.

This is an exciting arena patients should be aware of!
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

Dear Tooth fairy,

You have been sent a warning about giving out advice on this forum as this forum has been set up so that only qualified professionals give out advice, we appreciate your contribution to the forums and if you have any personal experiences or experiences of friends then please feel free to mention your opinions in the journal sections.

If you have opinions on certain aspects of dentistry please try not to come across as a dentist as you are not a qualified dentist member
    Popadoopus

Dear Toothfairy,

If indeed you are not qualified as a dentist or plastic surgeon, your advice is misleading. There is no doubt you have more understanding than a lay person but many of your comments are significantly flawed. I hope you can understand the impact if someone takes your advice and ends up in trouble.

Facial aesthetics should be assessed at the same time as dental aesthetics. Your comments about facial aesthetics are flat out wrong. Including what happens with the muscles. I'm greatly intrigued as to what your degree is, and how it allows you to offer advice on these threads. I know of the dental facelift and I would say there are some major areas that need to be explored before this should be available on a mass scale. It may be the way of the future but there are more options available with a long track history of success behind them.

I agree that the quick fix programes are dangerous. The only way in which is that they can give an unrealistic time frame as to how quickly treatment can be undertaken.
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

Popa I've not claimed to be a dentist so it is unclear why you are warning me for giving an opinion unless you do not welcome opinions.

A forum is a meeting to discuss matters of public concern. If this is not a true forum and it is only a place where professionals discuss dental matters and non dentists should accept without question then it should not be open to public postings.

This particular thread is about plastic surgery.

Toothfairy, this thread is not about plastic surgery. It is about non surgical procedures that can be used in conjunction with other methods to achieve outstanding results.

You may not have claimed to be a dentist but you are offering advice to people seeking answers to questions and not making it clear you are not a dentist. We welcome all opinions but most of what you say is not based on sound science and much of it is just outright incorrect. This is grossly misleading and I have serious concerns if someone were to get into problems through your advice.

You have made some valid points for discussion but have also made some grossly inaccurate statements. i have maintained throughout hat clinical excellence and genuine care are paramount. A number of times you have totally dismissed treatment options without having the scientific knowledge or understanding of dentistry to do so.

You are absolutely right to ask questions about treatment options, and you are asking all the right questions and I thank you for that. You are not however qualified to answer these questions. Having spent a considerable amount of time, energy and my own investment on postgraduate education I am happy to answer any questions put to me. If I am not capable of answering any given question I will not simply give out advice base on what I think. I am passionate about caring for my patient base and ensure I always do the very best I can.

I hope you continue to contribute to these threads but in a constructive way and not offer advice you are not qualified to give
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

Toothfairy you seem to have knowledge above and beyond that of a lay patient, but my main concern is that your opinions tend to be against having any dental work done and against the advice of the dentists here, sure you are welcome to your opinions and to discuss these but we do not want the people searching for advice to be confused. Your responses have been mainly of a negative view and I am happy for you to post these opinons provided that you can back up your claims scientfically or by scientfic studies

I am here to moderate and keep the peace
    Popadoopus