Red face Smile Makeover Insurance

I am a new member looking for advice. I am seriously considering a smile makeover and have had a consultation which recommends I have a full mouth reconstruction. As a result, I require 18 veneers and 2 crowns and as they will hopefuly last between 10-15 years, this treament will have serious financial implications in the future (I am 44 years old). Obviously, I am extremely concerned about embarking on a serious financial committment such as this as I will need to be able to fund replacement veneers in the long-term. Do you know of any insurance cover that can be taken out or can you please give me some advice about the best way foward as I am in a quandary! Many thanks

Default Bolt the gate after the horse has bolted?

From the sound of your notes it sounds as if you do not have a present insurance policy in place. This is likely to make it extremely difficult for you to claim for anything that has in effect already happened.
    As a matter of caution it is always best to consider a second opinion regarding treatment. It may be that the prescription for treatment you have recently received is well justified BUT you should feel confident before starting.

Many dentists offer 0% finance options which would help to spread the cost HOWEVER these are often over relatively short time periods SO you would still need your finances to be in good order.

Hope this helps a little,

Dr G S Flint

I would echo the sentiments already placed, you must feel confident in the dentistry. As weel as 0% options, many practices such as ourselves offer an interest bearing option over a much lonoger period to help make the payments comfortable.

Another solution, where appropriate, is to phase out the treatment to have it done over a period of time.

I have many clients who are currently in reconstructive work who are teachers, police officers etc.

If you have any concerns, now would be a good time to voice them!

Feel free to contact me if you need to ask anything else

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Default Smile Makeover Insurance?

Thank you for your replies. I am confident about the dentist and I do have the funds required to carry out the recommmended treatment. However, it's the long-term upkeep of the veneers that concerns me as they only last between 10-15 years which means they will all need renewing perhaps more than once! If it was only a few veneers that wouldn't bother me as much but a full mouth construction is a serious financial ongoing committment. I am more concerned with improving my upper 10 teeth as they are misaligned but as I have tetrocyclene staining, I am unable to bleach the lowers. What I'm asking advice for is really about weather to go for a full mouth construction or just the upper 10 and is there an insurance policy I can take out to pay for the upkeep of my teeth or is it just a case of saving for the future?

Your dentist is making you aware of averages, if done well, veneers can last much longer. If you have faith in your dentist a reconstruction would be better than patching things up and waiting for the next problem to arise.

A lot of what I do is to intercept problems before they become painful or more serious, this is totally different from the way the NHS works which responds to things going wrong.

If you dentist is competent and you have faith in them, this discusion would be best with your dentist! As another example, crowns on average last 10-15 years, but I have seen some crowns which have been in place for 70 years. If you look after things well and attend for regular dental health reviews, your work should be very successful. Just be aware that due to the nature of dentistry, it is only possible to give averages, we cannot predict exactly what will happen

Hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy