Default I want a mouth makeover from Leeds

hello, my name is Laura i'm 19 and healthy apart from my teeth. I had a brace at the age of 14 and after my brace my tteth have been very weak and i have had numerous fillings, root canals and crowns. recently i moved to a new dentist and his solution seems to be to take the teeth out rather than attempting to save them. i have had 2 teeth out in the last 6 months and he is insisting on another 2, one a wisdom and one adjacent to an existing gap, to be taken out aswell.they are causing me pain due to cavities and alse generally sensitivity but as a 19 year old stuend i am very self concious about the gaps left in my mouth and also about my eating habist as it is very uncomfortable to eat.

For my 21st birthday i was cosnidering asking my family for donations so i can have a mouth makeover and sort out my problems. I smile alot and i want to be able to be confident about my mouth and my teeth.

Has anyone been through a full mouth makeover? is it worth it? or is anybody else consdering it?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Laura

Sounds like you have been through a lot. You could probably guess I'm going to say this but I think you would benefit from a smile makeover. The thing that gave it away for me was you said you were very conscious about your teeth.

Laura, if you have no confidence in your dentist you should look for a second opinion. I would suggest to you that most NHS dentists will recommend taking teeth out over saving them due to the restrictions applied by the government.

I sincerely don't think the braces did the damage to your teeth, there is something else going on and if it isn't identified and corrected you will probably loose all of your teeth over time. You are very young to have lost any other than due to braces or wisdom teeth.

Laura, if you find this is difficult to talk about on the forum and you would like some more advice, feel free to message me. I really want for you to keep your teeth but you are not on the right path yet and I have serious concerns for you.

Hope this helps and hope to hear from you

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

hi there,

Any chance you can tell me how i can find out where I can get the inman aligner other than from London...

I have tried and tried to find somewhere but have been able to find a dentist in the east midlands that provides this. Is there a website I can go on that has a list of dentists in the U.k that offer this?? please help!

I'm not aware of any specific website that has a list of Inman aligner dentists. Many dentists on this forum use the aligner
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

hi there,

thanks for the reply. I have been on the redsky websiteand will be contacting your surgery very soon for an appointment. how much to the Inman aligners cost?

nabela

The cost of the aligner is dependent on how much tooth movement is required (i.e. how complex the movement is). The aligner generally costs between £1000-£2500.

Do remember we offer interest free finance options (subject to status, terms & conditions) to help make treatment affordable.

see you soon
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

Quote Originally Posted by lauraleeds View Post
    after my brace my tteth have been very weak and i have had numerous fillings, root canals and crowns.
    You sound as lucky with your teeth as I am!

When extensive dentistry has been done, it is extremely important further work is done to a high standard. Quite often "long term plans" are required o prevent tooth loss
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com