Default Dental bonding - not happy

Hi, I had some work done to a front tooth around 2 years ago. Unfortunately, this resulted in some deep scratching to the tooth next to my front tooth. I had the tooth fully bonded by a 'cosmetic dentist' to cover the scratches but have never been happy with it and wish I had just left the scratches.

When air gets to the tooth the tooth goes dull and I can only describe the texture as like plaster on a wall (matte and dull). The dentist polished the tooth around two or three times during the procedure. It has now been almost 2 years and the tooth still doesn't look right. I have had repeated polishes and the tooth still doesn't shine or look like a normal tooth. Also, when I floss around the tooth it bleeds quite a lot.

I know that this is only a minor problem and people have much worse problems but it's really getting me down. Tooth bonding I have seen on websites looks just like ordinary teeth - shiny and resembling enamel. Can anyone explain why my tooth is dull and just does not shine? Is there any point having the bonding re-done and if so, how do I find a dentist who can do this? Thank you for your time.

Default Smile Makeover

Hello

I am thinking of having a smile makeover but the cost is frightening as I need bridge and crown work and possibly Dental implants. As my front two teeths are far to ahead than normal. Is it posible to replaced those two teeths? i am freightening to remove as someone told me that may affect your eyes.. Is it true?

Thanks.
    Brain