Default My Gap In Front Teeth

Hi guys im looking for advice. I have this gap in between my two front teeth that i would like to get fixed. Im currently a student and so would like to keep it as cheap as possible.
    I have been to the orthodontics 3 years ago but they wanted £1500 for a front 6 teeth brace which he said should only take about 3 months to fix (works out £16 a day!!!!).

What are the alternatives, do you belive bonding will be a good choice and if so how much does it usally cost. I know braces may be the best option but its somthing i really cant afford right now.

Also what would happen if i wish to whiteing my teeth in the future. Is there a good home whitening kit and should i whiten my teeth before i get the bonding done to match my whitend teeth.

Please help i really am wondering what to do as people have said to me the gap is not that big and i should just leave it but it really is somthing i want tyo get done for confidence i suppose.

Thanks in advance for any advice

sb1987

[IMG][/IMG]

Hi

Bonding composite (white material) is an option, but remember it will make your two front teeth look slightly wider. If this is something you wished then the dentist could either do a diagnostic wax up to show you what the end result would look like. He would then use this to make the final result.

Personally i would recommend a form of orthodontic procedure to close up the gap, which would achieve a very good result. You would then require a lifetime retainer to hold the teeth in ther new position.

I would only recommend professional whitening to be carried out by a dentist. This would allow you to achieve a good whitening result. If you want the bonding procedure to be done, then i would recommend this to be carried before the bonding.

I hope this helps and good luck!!
    Last edited by Dr Kalpesh Bohara; 11-05-2008 at 06:09 PM.
    Dr Kalpesh Bohara BDS MFDS RCS

View Dr Bohara's profile click here

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire
    High quality general and cosmetic dentistry
    www.dental-suite.co.uk

Default hi

Thanks for the reply.
    What orthodontic procedures would you mean as i have had a quote before regarding a 6 tooth brace for the top but it was at a cost of £1500 somthing i really havent got as i am a student at the moment.
    Are there other procedures that would be of any use or is composite bonding the only other cheaper alternative?
    Also if i did come to your stuido what would be a rough price for the bonding of my gap (any rough estimate as i really have no idea how much i will be expecting to pay)
    Also do you do laser whiteining and if so what is a rough cost of this and will it be ok for me to have the whiteining done and then the bonding or is this not recomened as over time the teeth will lose there whiteing but the bonding will remain the same colour that they were matched to when i first had the laser whiteing done?
    thanks again.
    Last edited by sb1987; 11-05-2008 at 11:06 PM. Reason: spelling

Hi

I will send you a private message.

Regards
    Dr Kalpesh Bohara BDS MFDS RCS

View Dr Bohara's profile click here

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire
    High quality general and cosmetic dentistry
    www.dental-suite.co.uk

Your friends are right your gap is not that bad but having suffered from a gap for a very long time and felt extremely self consious I completely feel your pain...

Orthodontics work is expensive but like you said £16 a day... get tha stuent loan in, cut down on the beers and cheap kebabs...voila...

I've never heard of bonding before, Im looking at Veneers now but considering going abroad as it is SOOOO much cheaper!

If your smile is worth it, I would at least try braces first before trying any sort of treatment which you may not be completely satisfied with or unhappy with, like the guy suggested...having a wax of what it would look like would be good coz then you can at least know what the finished product will look like!

Good luck and I hope you get them sorted

Default Hi

Hi thanks for the replies guys much appreciated. Im going to make an appointment to my local private dentist and see what she thinks as i would prefer a quick cheap fix (bonding) and a more permenant fix (braces) at a later date when i have a secure job after my degree.
    By the way Dr Bohara what would be a rough cost for the bonding i require in most dentists? as i really havent a clue where the price starts for bonding.

Also Allym may i suggest that you do exstensive research before going abroad because one has to remember that although the prices may be cheaper also are the materials they use and also the dentists are not trained to the standards ours are over here. Also if there is a problem after having treatment abraod you would have to fork out at a dentist over here (probably costing what you saved) unless you pay for flights, hotel again to go abroad.

Thanks again

Default Hi

Sorry Dr Bohara i have just read your Pm you sent me regarding prices.