Thread: tooth reduction

Default tooth reduction

Hi, how much is it, and what needs to be taken in to account for a tooth reduction

my two front teeth, are kind of goofy, and are much longer than any other tooth around them, resembles a kind of rat like tooth

i wish for them to be reduced

thanks

HI

Very difficult to give you a price without looking at the mouth.

There are a variety of ways which might help
    1. orthodontics - invisable braces,inman alligner, six months ortho or conventional orthodontics.
    2. possibly veeners
    3. or a combination of the above.

I would recommend initialy to have a consultation with a good cosmetic dentist, to outline your options.

Regards
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Sepehrara View Post
    HI

Very difficult to give you a price without looking at the mouth.

There are a variety of ways which might help
    1. orthodontics - invisable braces,inman alligner, six months ortho or conventional orthodontics.
    2. possibly veeners
    3. or a combination of the above.

I would recommend initialy to have a consultation with a good cosmetic dentist, to outline your options.

Regards
    Thanks for the reply Dr Sepehrara,

I have come back from my dentist and he said that he can shave some off of the bottom of my teeth EEK!

is this a painful procedure, and typically how much can be taken off of the length, or does it depend on the tooth itself?

I appreciate i shouldve asked my dentist this when i went but i get so nervous in there that i like to just get in and get out! (You dentists are scary people )

Hi

As I don't know what exactly the treatment plan is, it is very difficult for me to reply to your question.

If only a small fraction of enamel is removed, then you won't feel anything and should not need any local anaesthetic.

If you are having more reduction, ie for a veneer, then you may require some local anaesthetic as it can be a bit sensitive.

Your dentist will be the best at answering your query

Best of Luck

Raha

www.dental-suite.co.uk

Default I hve same probelm. but bit change

Dr Sepehrara

first at all sorry for my bad english.
    I 'm wearing braces. more than 4 month ago
    and i my two front teeth, are big than Normal teeth.. just like Rabbit. actually it 's big.
    i 'm really feel stupid near the peoples. it's hard to smile. becoz people watching like stange mood.
    i said to my dentist " i want to reduce it.. she do little. and she said she can't do more further!
    and also. 3 weeks ago. she remove 2 teeth of mine. before placing braces she said she don't wanna do it. but last month she said. she want to remove 2 teeth. so i agree. but after it my top teeth like strange more than before..
    actually i wanna reduce more my front teeth. it's look crazy!
    it's really stress to me! i like to talk with people ,and smile with people. but i can't

i wanna know. how much can reduce?.. my dentist only reduce around the teeth!
    it is not enough. i think u can understand me!
    help me!

Hi

My advice would be to speak to your dentist about your concerns as he or she is carrying out the treatment. It would not be right for me to give advice in your case without examining the mouth.

www.dental-suite.co.uk