Default New smile, lots of work needed!!

Hi,

I am 24 years old and I have had problems with my teeth since I was about 12. I had a bad experience with a needle in my mouth at the dentist and then I just gave up caring for my teeth. For the last 5 years or so, I have looked after them as best as I can but they are very decayed. One of my front teeth is half black from the decay and most of my other teeth are decayed. I really want a nice smile as I havent smiled properly for years due to my teeth. I have recently been given some inheritance money and im thinking about cosmetic dentistry to get my smile back. Do you know how much a big job like this will cost and what would be required work wise?? I dont know whether to go NHS or private. With the NHS, I have been waiting for years so I was hoping it would be quicker private. What do you think??

Dear Newsmile,

I can understand your desires but without a full consultation it will be impossible to say how much treatment will cost. However all top dentists will provide you with a full treatment estimate prior to starting any work.

With regards to going NHS or private, that is a decision only you can make. Do be aware that an NHS dentist will be extremely restricted as to what they can perform and the labs they can use. Private dentists have access to quality materials and technicians and are also not bound by time constraints.

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Default definitely private!

Hi,

I`m 26, I have had a lot of problems with my teeth and reading through your post reminded me of myself. It is very important at your age to have a nice BEAUTIFUL SMILE! So, I would say,trust me forget about the NHS dentist, do NOT go to any private dentist, go to a good COSMETIC DENTIST. There is a diference between a dentist to dentist, and a good cosmeyic dentist can create a smile beyond your wildest expecteations. Make sure you go and see a cosmetic dentist. Make sure you see, not only read but see testimonials. Make sure he/she doesn`t rush you and explains you everything in detail. There is a reason why cosmetic dentists cost more, and that reason is QUALITY. All of these guys on this forum are very, very good! Dr. Kalpesh Bohara is doing my teeth,trust me, this guy is skilled! But if you live in london than any one of the dentists on this forum will do the job. Remember, do not let your teeth be touched by any dentist, go and see a cosmetic dentist that has the skills to give you the perect smile.

Good luck, keep us updated xx

Excellent point. All cosmetic dentists are private dentists, but that does not mean all private dentists are capable of doing this type of work.

You made me very happy when you said quality is key. It truly is. I undertake a lot of corrective cosmetic work where quality has not been up to standard.
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Im glad we are having some good possitive feedback on the forums about our cosmetic dentists contributing to this growing website

Keep up the good work Dr Bohara!

Admin

Hi guys,

Just an update really. I wrote the original thread back in August. Well, since then I have been very busy getting the work done. I found a local cosmetic private dentist to me. He is excellent at his work and explains everything just before he does it. I have had pretty much all my teeth done so far with about 3 at the back to be done. I cant believe how quick and easy it has been!! The only regret I have is not going sooner but im so happy I have been now. My teeth have never looked so good!! No longer do I have to hide my teeth when I smile which makes such a difference!! Just a thanks to all who suggested going and getting it done. I would definetly agree, it makes you feel a lot better!!

Thanks for the great forum!! Keep up the good work!!