Thread: I'm ready!

Exclamation I'm ready!

Hey guys, long time no post!

I used this forum a month or so ago for advice as i decided it was time to get my teeth made over.

Now i am asking really for advice finally before i move into actually seeing a dentist to get this done. What i am looking to find out is, with the below treatments i have stated, how long (on average, i know all treatments last different amounts of time) would it take to complete.

I am self diagnosing here, but i think generally i am right for what i would be having done.

> Inman braise for the top 4 middle teeth
    > 3 White fillings
    > Teeth whitening

The reason i ask is that now i have the cash to even consider having treatment, i'd like to figure out or estimate even, how much time and cost it would be, as well as a time scale, for traveling. I've noticed that specially with the Inman braise, only a small amount of dentists do this treatment, meaning i'd have to travel. If possible i'd like to get as much done in one trip as possible. If my diagnosis of what i'd have done is correct, am i right in saying the braises would be first and then the fillings and whitening done after they are removed.

Last question also, Inman braises. after they are removed would i have to wear a retainer?

Thanks!!!

Hi Michael

I will try to answer your questions as best as i can, but remember that you would require the dentist to look at your mouth to get a definitive diagnosis.

The treatment you are enquiring about, would not be possible to get in one whole go.

The mouth has to be healthy before having any form of orthodontic treatment.
    1. gums have to be healthy and the patient has to show evidence of good oral hygiene.
    2. the mouth has to be decay free. Therfore if there any fillings which are required then these would have to be done before any orthodontic treatment.
    3. inman alligners are suitable for only mild crowding.

What ever orthodontic treatment you have, you would require a life time wear of retainer, in majority of cases.

I hope this helps and good luck!

Regards

Raha
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009

I also wanted to add that it is best you have the teeth whitening done prior to having any white fillings so that these fillings match the new shade of your teeth.

Best Wishes,

Raha
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009

Raha is right. Your gums must be healthy first!

Whitening your teeth takes a few weeks to do right, but there is no reason you couldn't start your Inman brace at the same time. The key would be when to do the fillings for you, that we can only advise after a full consultation.

Its difficult to give treatment estimates before a consultation as we really don't know what needs to be done. However, all high end practices will give a full treatment estimate prior to starting any work.

If all is planned well, it may be possible to do the fillings when the brace impressions are taken

Hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Smile Sounds awesome!

All pretty much sounds like i thought, awesome

Last couple of questions, which i know are going to be hit and miss to answer without a consultation.

How much does it cost for a general Inman treatment. A single filling (even though i'd require more than one i think) and teeth whitening. Feel free to give top and bottom price estimates. I know that from practice to practice they are different, but any information is good so i can figure out my finances.

Also with the Inman retainer in relation to my teeth. They basically have a a small gap, about a centimeter in between the front 2 and then the 2 next to those are both raising up slightly. From what i have seen online, the raised teeth are generally what it is used for, but is it for gapped middle teeth?

When i have fillings to match my teeth colour, after whitening, will this start to look more and more obvious as the teeth whitening fades over time. How long generally (if you don't drink wine and coffee) does teeth whitening last? I do drink tea, probably 1-2 cups a day, would that effect my colour like coffee?

Questions questions questions haha, i'm sorry. I am a combination of excited and scared. I finally have the money i need to get something done with my teeth, i just want to get them done right and with the right practice.

I'm hopin to get my teeth done for University starting early September. With these treatments, would you say that this is possible?

THANKS GUYS

All fees range very dramatically. Whitening can range from £125-£1000. Fees relate to the quality of service you require. If you want successful whitening with long term stability £125 won't do that for you.

Similarly, if you want white filling that look natural and last you will need to pay for the quality provided.

A more prudent question to always ask is if you are getting the quality of care you deserve rather than the cheapest option. I have many clients who have work done cheap and run into serious problems. Thats not to say all cheap work is bad, nor is all pricey work good! You need to find someone you are comfortable with and has a good reputation. It will save you money and heartache long term
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Default :)

You the man Pav! Thanks for all the help