Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Unhappy Teeth Making My Very Unhappy

Hello, i am 19 years old and my teeth have always been a problem.

I used to suck my fingers when little which has leaded to very unsightly two front teeth that stick out.

A gap inbetween my two front teeth.

I have huge acid erosion on my two front teeth also, green lines on the top too.

I have had two teeth break away from needing fillings and them snapping more and more so there is barley anything left.

At the moment i have two absesses. And i my wisdom teeth havent come though.

I am very very unhappy with my teeth, my mother never pushed me to go see a dentist. i got bullied at school for this, and i always look discusting on photos and never ever smile with my mouth open.

I just want them all cut out and to start again but i cant.

Ive tried to find a local nhs dentist, the only one taking on in my town has a waiting list of 300 people i have just found out.

No one wants to help me.

Im even considering getting a loan to get work done.

Can anyone help me or tell me where to start?? all i want is a nice smile.

Kind Regards.

PS: I live in Nottinghamshire, 20 mins from Doncaster
    Last edited by Lashes; 04-03-2008 at 11:08 AM.

Wow, it really sounds like you have had a hard time with your teeth!

The NHS can do basic work for you but will not be able to provide you with cosmetic dentistry. One of the things you will notice I have said many times is cosmetic dentistry is not the place to look for the cheapest prices. If you do you will be disappointed with the results.

A huge amount of my time is spent correcting cosmetic dentistry which has been done cheap and in the long run, it is more harmful to your teeth.

Do you mind if I ask where you live? You really need a comprehensive consultation with someone capable of undertaking a very high level of care.

It sounds like you have a significant number of problems, if these are not dealt withj I fear that you may lose all of your teeth within a short time frame.

May I ask how you know you have acid erosion?
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Its strage to say this but i have always drunk a lot of fizzy drinks fron a young age. from my gums to about half way down the tooth it is worn away and discoloured and is very unsightly.

I live in a town called retford, nottinghamshire, as i have just noticed not far at all from from doncaster where you are.

It sounds like you have not been advised on what causes damage to your teeth, this is what I think has caused the problems. You would need to have an in depth assessment of the causes then be advised on how to stabilise everything prior to commencing any major work, if you don't any work you have done will start to fail within 12 months.

I know Retford, I have several clients from there. Without an in depth consultation I really can't say what needs to be done
    Hope this helps

Kidnest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

Is it possible to talk over the phone?

Kind Regards

Please check your private messages
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

Default Unhappy with my teeth

Hi,

I am really un happy with my teeth. I have a cap at the front which is not good at all. I had it done privately but it doesn't look right. I also have a lot of old fillings, 2 ugly gold crowns. I want them all replaced and my teeth whitened but just don't know where to start. I get married in October and don't want to have these horrible teeth.

Can anyone advise me of a good dentist?

Going private does not ensure a good cosmetic result. These results can be difficult to achieve and you need to find someone capable of doing this work for you.

When done well, there is no reason that you should be able to see any of your crowns or fillings. If you are getting married in October I suggest you get in to see someone asap. May I ask where you are based?
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

Hi

I just wanted to add that when looking for a good and experienced cosmetic dentist, you should look at their postgraduate qualifications as well as their portfolio of cases.

Best Wishes,

Raha
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009

Default in the same situation...

Hi i read the message you posted and was amazed by how similar your situation sounds to mine!!I used to suck my thumb which has lead to the same problem as you and i also have acid erosion.It really knocks your confidence and always make me think twice about smiling which is so hard as im naturally a very smiley person. I would love to know whats been reccommended to you as a solution!