Unhappy Hate not smiling.

Hi. New to the board (already posted my introduction) and only found this site tonight after googling yet again on information on home dentistry.

The long and short of it is, my teeth are in an awful state, like a lot of people on here. My molars are all gone, my top pre molars are gone, and now I have a huge cavity in one of my front teeth. I hate not being aboe to smile anymore, or eat properly like other people.

I used to love going to the dentist. My teeth were always good and the dentist was always happy with me, which is why I lked going so much. Then one day waiting in the queue to be seen (this was when I was still at primary school, final year) one of the kids said that the dentist was going to rip all of my teeth out. Since this day I've been terrified of going back to the dentist. I still take care of my teeth, but my teeth are still going and I hate not being able to smile anymore.

I live in Scotland, so I don't even know if anyone on this site can help me. I've tried to get a dentist recently, but when I called the dental advice line, they could only offer me two dentists in the whole of my region that were still taking on NHS patients, and neither of them called me back. So I'm still without a dentist.

I don't know what to do, but I'm terrified of the problem getting worse, and the health conditions that could follow.

keep persevering, the NHS should be able to help you, i used to find at the hospital, that the people who make the most noise get dealt with, so roll your sleeves up, don't accept NO and i am sure they will eventually point you in the right direction
    Dr Nick Fahey BDS (NZ), MCLIN DENT PROS (London), FRACDS, MRD RCS (Edin) Pros, MFDS RCS (Eng)

Thanks for the reassuring post.

I am a fighter by nature, and I will continue to fight this when I feel better. I'm pretty ill right now because of a health condition I have, but rest assured I'll be fighting this again very soon. Chances are my carer who I live with will get a form to get us help with our NHS costs as we are a low income family so it should be easier then.

We've been hit by the recession here, and I lost my job, he is now the only breadwinner. So I have been stuck getting a dentist because I don't even have my disability money anymore to get me out of paying all these costs, there's a LOT of work to be done and no way could I afford to get it done privately. So I'll keep fighting, because my teeth are just getting worse.

helli bublie good luck with getting your costs covered and do keep us posted here with how you get on with the NHS and getting your teeth sorted out.
    admin

Will do. If nothing else it will help others learn things about what they can do. No-one should be without their smile in this day and age.