Default Nervous About Cosmetic Dentistry???????

Hi everyone,

I have a serious problem and I’m really afraid of the operation – I need a dental implant. Recently I heard about dental tourism (I found info on the web), and I was curious about how it works so I visited this clinic for a consultation. I was positively surprised about the doctors and the methods – and also about the prices. They recommended for me to go to Budapest, Hungary for the treatment and now I’m thinking about having my treatment there. They seem to be really professional, and I am looking at huge savings! Have any of you considered flying out for treatment before? What are your experiences?
    George Mathew
    Last edited by admin; 09-25-2009 at 08:18 AM. Reason: against rules to post hyperlinks to companies

hello i edited your post due to the promotional nature of the link that you put in but to answer your question going abroad for dental implant treatment is an attractive proposition and there are a lot of highly skilled dentists in other countries. Budapest for dental implants is a popular destination. However make sure that you are aware of the potential disadvantages of going abroad such as the aftercare, what if something goes wrong do you book time off work catch a flight? All UK dentists are governed by the general dental council here so there is a set UK standard or care and ethics to be met with dentistry.
    admin

unfortunately not all of these places are up to UK standards. the saving is great as long as you don't have problems and don't have unreasonable expectations.
    in our harley street clinic we unfortunately see a lot of cases from budapest and other dental tourist destinations where people have not been happy. i am sure there are many happy people out there too
    i just can't see how it can be done that cheaply and well, i don't know about you but i wouldn't want someone taking short cuts with my health
    Dr Nick Fahey BDS (NZ), MCLIN DENT PROS (London), FRACDS, MRD RCS (Edin) Pros, MFDS RCS (Eng)