Question Need advice please

Hi everyone,

I'm a 24 year old male and my teeth are looking terrible. I was on consultation with dentist and he has suggested crowning 12 of my upper front teeth.
    Four of my top teeth are root canal treated: booth first premolar, central and lateral incisor. Most of my top teeth has white stripes around gums (teeth decalcification).

Is it good idea to crown almost all my top teeth so early? Is there any other way to improve appearance of my teeth?
    Here is photo of my teeth:
    http://i28.tinypic.com/28jxlx4.jpg

Thank you for advice and sorry for my broken english .

Unfortunately it's not possible to tell you what needs to be done without a full consultation, even with the photograph provided. Occasionally it's needed to crown a number of teeth to get the best result but I would be very hesitant in someone as young as yourself. Veneers are just as strong as crowns when done correctly however do be aware that these are also irreversible preparations (even so called "no preparation" veneers are not reversible).

As I've mentioned there are far too many factors that need to be assessed, such as remaining tooth structure, age, decay susceptibility etc, for us to give any further advice on the boards

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

I'll get a second opinion to see if it's possible to improve apperance of my teeth using veeners.
    Thank you very much for quick answer!

I would highly recommend that you speak to your current dentist about your concerns first

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

I already talked with my current dentist about my concerns.
    He suggested that instead of crowns we could do dental filling on all teeth to remove white areas caused by decalcification. I have some serious doubts, because it will not improve apperance of my teeth at all. They will remain yellow and ugly.

Would it be possible to just put veneers on my 4-8 upper front teeth after whitening remaining teeth?

Thank You very much for advice.

Quote Originally Posted by adi View Post
    I'll get a second opinion to see if it's possible to improve apperance of my teeth using veeners.
    Thank you very much for quick answer!
    Ask your dentist about direct composite veneers, that can be quite simply built up in your mouth to improve the situation.

At 24 you do not want to be preping your teeth if you can at all avoid it
    Dr Nick Fahey BDS (NZ), MCLIN DENT PROS (London), FRACDS, MRD RCS (Edin) Pros, MFDS RCS (Eng)

Thanks alot for your advice. I'll ask my dentist about direct composite veneers on next visit.