Question Need advice, i believe its complex case. Possible, Invasalign?

Hi, just want to say i appreciate your time in helping me.

Right, 2 years ago, my dentist recommended me to go see orthodontist. Once spoken with orthodontist and his colleague to assess my teeth and xrays, apparently it's been told i would have to go maxillofacial surgery before i can get braces.

I knew surgery are cases that don't go accord to plan as we'd like it to be. I was referred to hospital then got some advices from doctors but in the end, many reasons i was thinking and i decided not to go through it being risky and been told surgery was only considered for serious cases on the face whereas mine was only with the jaw and teeth.

I remember orthodontist saying, my lower jaw sticks out, i do have an underbite. They said i'd be wearing braces for 3/4 years wearing and i'd be in hospital for 4 months under care after operation. It was too much extra weight to carry especially i have extremely low self esteem at the moment. My wisdom tooths are slowly coming out and it's somewhat i feel making my frontal teeth more crooked and its only matter of time, it'll be more worse.

After reading soo many responses, would invasalign be possible solution without surgery? or is there no way out of surgery? Has there been cases where people can avoid having surgery and invasalign was the solution, perhaps? I suppose its hard to assess without examination, which is true but just wondered if the possibility is out there?

Thanks again
    Last edited by soeril; 05-02-2009 at 01:03 AM.

Hi

As you stated you would require an examination to give you an accurate answer. Without looking at xrays , photos, etc , it is impossible to say.

I would recommend you seek a second opinion, allowing the dentist to examine your teeth and skeletal profile.

Good luck!
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Sepehrara View Post
    Hi

As you stated you would require an examination to give you an accurate answer. Without looking at xrays , photos, etc , it is impossible to say.

I would recommend you seek a second opinion, allowing the dentist to examine your teeth and skeletal profile.

Good luck!

Thanks, i appreciate it