Default Don't know where to start

Hi

I need some general advice please. I have been very unhappy with my teeth for many years, to the point where I am now considering cosmetic dentistry. However, I have heard some horror stories and I am now very frightening of having any work done. Although my teeth don't look very nice, they are otherwise healthy and I desperately don't want to destroy my teeth for the sake of a nicer looking smile which is only going to cause me problems in the future.

So what I want to know is what should I be looking for in a cosmetic dentist? i have googled dentists in my area and there are loads of them, many of whom offer a one day 'smile makeover' which I am very sceptical about to be honest. I have also read a couple of really bad reviews for these dentists, so obviously they are now off the list.

Would my own dentist be able to recommend someone to me or would the British Dental Association? For your information I am in the North West of England, equidistant between Manchester and Liverpool.

thanks

The best advise is to do your research! The BDA won't be able to give guidance on this topic. I'd recommend that you find a dentist who can show you examples of his or her work.

You are correct in that bad dentistry causes a lot of damage, but good dentistry really is excellent and will last you a very long time

You can of course go to the find a dentist section on the home page of this site

Make sure you are comfortable with your dentists skills before you go ahead with any treatment

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy