Default 2 front teeth fillings fallen out

Hi Everyone,
    I wonder if you could possibly help me with some advice.
    Wasn’t sure where to post my enquiry but this section seems appropriate.

I am asking for information for my girlfriend Sarah who is very worried about her front two teeth although I tell her they look fine she is very conscious of them.

I thought this would be a great place to get impartial advice because my girlfriend does not have a Dentist at present and is naturally wary of what the best treatment may be for her.

She did have fillings on the front teeth but they have fallen out so we are unsure what to do.

The texture of the tooth is quite rough, certainly not smooth like the other teeth.

She had started using toothpaste that claims to ‘restore surface enamel’ and has liquid calcium. I guess my first question is do these toothpastes actually work over time?

She is nervous of having another filling because the last one fell out, are there any new fillings that adhere better to the tooth or will fillings always have a short life?

The tooth appears healthy so the thought of crowns sounds a little drastic. She is worried at the thought of a ‘peg of a tooth’ being left and the thought of crowns falling out.

Veneers are the other option but again we are unsure of their life span and likely hood of falling out.

Any advice would be appreciated

Many thanks

Colin

Dear Colin,

Toothpastes certainly will not help here. Crowns are certainly overkill at this point. Without a full consultation it's difficult to say but it does look like veneers may be the way forward. Quality veneers should last in the region of 15 years or so and with modern techniques the preparations should be so conservative that you shouldn't be able to see them. They should also look totally natural.

As I mentioned, she would need a consultation to make sure she was suitable and did not require any general work prior to this type of cosmetic treatment

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Hi Dr Pav Khaira,
    Thank you for taking the time to reply and it was great to show this information to my girlfriend. She already seems more positive just having a starting point to move on from.

Take care

Colin

Glad to have helped

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy