Unhappy Extremely frightened patient.

I have only discovered this forum today after researching cosmetic dentistry for the past couple of months.
    About 8 years ago I had 2 porcelain veneers fitted to my top 2 front teeth to hide a gap that had formed.
    Originally my dentist told me that he was going to put a brace on the teeth to close the gap, but then I was told this would create gaps elsewhere, and as I already had movement in the top 2 teeth, veneers would be my best option.
    These veneers look awful, and I absolutely hate them, I haven't been able to visit the dentist since, as I am absolutely petrified.
    I also had a crown fitted at the time to replace a tooth that had cracked, this is really sensitive and needs sorting out.
    I also have a tooth that is on the top right hand side of my mouth that is cracked and half is now missing.
    I also have metal fillings that need replacing too. Basically a lot of work needs doing.
    I also want a brilliant "Hollywood Smile" so I want my old veneers replacing and probably another 2 - 3 either side.
    As I have movement (I can move them a little) is it possible to have my veneers re-done?
    What would my options be to create my new smile?
    As I am a really nervous patient I know that I would need sedating.
    Can anybody recommend a fantastic sympathetic cosmetic dentist to me?
    I would be grateful for any assitance that anybody is willing to provide.
    Hopefully by posting this thread I have taken the first positive step to regaining my confidence.

Hi

There are a number of options available to create a better smile. A variety of ways can be found on the home page of the cosmetic guide.

The most important thing I say to my patients is regular maintainance (visits to the dentist and hygienist) . By doing this you are maintaining the health of the mouth and reducing the risks of futher problems down the line. This is especially true for patients who have cosmetic dental treatment.

Veneers can be changed if the condition in the mouth is appropriate to allow this.

Please do not worry!

Regards
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009

Hi,
    Thank you for your reply, I will try not to worry too much.
    Can you recommend a really sympathetic and understanding cosmetic dentist.
    I live just outside of Lincoln, and I am prepared to travel, as I was looking at surgeries in London, so distance is not an issue.
    Many Thanks.

Hi

I will send you details in a private message.

Regards
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009