Default Nervous about dentistry and invisalign

Good afternoon all,

I am new here.

I have a fear of dentists based on a horrible one I had as a child. I started to get over it 2-3 years ago having found a good dentist in my new area. He has now left the area and I have moved abroad so I need to start again. With my last dentist, we had started to discuss cosmetic dentistry but I was not in a position to be able to afford it. I have today taken the plunge and booked a consultation with a new dentist in the UK (the dentistry where I live now is more expensive and not especially renowned so I will be a private patient back home).

I want to discuss Invisalign to see if it is an option for me? Does anyone know if the retainers are all provided at the same time or do I have to return to the dentist every 2-3 weeks for new fittings?

My biggest concern though is my front 2 teeth, they are quite worn and this is what I previously discussed with a dentist. He suggested that they may need crowns in the future so I am hoping that the cosmetic dentist I see shortly can help with this.

Sorry, that turned into quite a long introductory post!

Don`t be scary from dentist. Nowadays the technology has been developed quite well in ordet to make the pain goes away.

Dave,