Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Default I am nervous about having braces

I have posted a message about my crooked teeth and although I want them fixed i remember as a child that this was a painful experience of my life both physically and emotionally. Do the invisalign braces hurt? and is there any to ease the pain if this is the case. I guess i need to go through some pain to get the smile i want back?

Jane

Hi Jane,

I totally understand your concerns about discomfort. I would say that there can be some mild discomfort but generally my clients have no problems. It is imperative that your dentist explains what you can expect during treatment so that nothing comes as a surprise to you.

Please rest assured that modern dentistry can be very comfortable. I have had very few problems with Invisalign and even fewer with the Inman aligner

A thorough consultation would be a good start.

I hope this answers some of your concerns

If u have any other questions, please feel free to ask

Warmest wishes
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Thanks DR Khaira,

Im glad to see that im not alone in this world of being scared of my treatment its great to get advice from dentists in a place like this. would you be able to direct me to somewhere I could read or learn about the inman aligner? I have not heard about this, or maybe you could tell me more about it on here?

THanks again

Jane

Jane, please call me Pav. The Inman aligner is a very simple appliance which applies low, constant pressures to teeth. This is in contrast to other systems which apply larger forces for a few days and then become more transitional rather than active.

As the aligner only applies small forces, it is generally very comfortable and extremely rapid in its action. It is effectively a removable appliance (although u should wear it at least 22 hours per day), it is not a train tract style brace but does have a very thin wire which is often not noticeable.

The aligner has a specific mode of action and is therefore not suitable for everyone, but again this is where a consultation would help.

I hope this answers your questions. If I can be of assistance in any way, please let me know
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

Dental phobia is very common and you are definatley not alone infact most people are apprehensive about seeing the dentist its just that it affects some people more than others. The inman aligner is becoming quite popular in the UK, It is also much more affordabe that its invisible braces counterparts such as Invisalign and clearstep. I guess each system has its place.
    Popadoopus

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Papodoopus is correct. There is no universal panacea for straightening teeth, each system has its benefits and limitations.

Many nervous patients have anxieties because they are rushed through many practices.

I pride myself on undertaking the very best care I can, I treat everyone the way I would want to be treated myself and take extra time to really listen to what my clients want.

Once people feel listened to they generally feel more at ease. For the meaning clients there is the option for sedation, although TLC is often very powerful and all that patients need.

My philosophy is based upon making clients feel comfortable and educating them so that they totally understand what is is they need in order to achieve their goals.

If you are clear about your desires and your concerns, your dentist will be able to help you
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

Default nervous about teeth whitening

I am also scarred of the dentist from a bad experience in the past the injections were really painful and left my mouth sore for about 3 weeks but i am going to bite the bullet and have my teeth whitened I know that whitening can be painful but im going to give it a shot.

Tony

Tiny, many people have had a bad experience with the dentist. Modern dentistry is a far cry from what many are used to. I use computerised anaesthetic delivery systems to make the procedure much more comfortable. Occasionally the muscles around the injection site can become spre and it sounds like that is what happened to you. I am confident that it was not intentional although I can empathise this doesn't allay your fears. My ethos on care is to deliver treatment in a fashion and to the standard I would be happy having done on myself.

Modern dentistry is a wonderful thing, the range of procedures now available to help boost your confidence is superb. A good mentor and friend of mine from the States says (quite rightly) that the vast majority of people walk around being unhappy with their smile because they simply are not aware of what can be done for them

whitening can cause sensitivity but not always. Whatever sensitivity is caused by whitening is completely reversible afterwards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

Default invisible braces

hi jane, i see many of the dentists have answered most of the questions you asked regarding the invisible braces. for my own patients undergoing the invisible brace treatment for the first few days of each new alligner i always recommend the use of pain killers such as paracetamol, this really helps.

if you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Dr Kailesh Solanki.
    kissdental
    www.kissdental.co.uk

Yes, they have definately hit the nail on the head, you not alone in being afraid of dental treatments alot of people are ( me included) A few years ago I had a expireance where the needle hurt like hell and I didnt even get completely numb for the extractions.... I'd reccomend going to
    www.dentalfearcentral.org/forums

There you can discuss with other phobics and figure out how to cope with them.

best of wishes
    -mikey
    Fear of dentist, or anything to do with dentistry? come visit the dental phobia forum

ww.dentalfearcentral.org/forums

Also, I am not a dentist so do not take my advice as the 100% accurate truth.