Default Making that call

Why is picking up that phone to make that first appointment always so hard?! This is one of my biggest problems. It's like cruising along, knowing that it needs to be done, but when it comes to doing it, it's like hitting a wall!

Dear Ellie,

the first step is always the hardest.

Try and think of the first call more like a friendly chat, so that you can find out more about the practice.

You will find that, if you have contacted a dental practice that is good and experienced at treating tnervous patients, the receptionists will make you quickly feel at ease.

Best of luck

Kind Regards

Raha
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009

Agree with Raha, first step is always the most difficult.

Don't feel rushed or pressured into it, do it in your own time. That way you won't build up anxieties about coming in.

I've had a couple of patients recently that when they first came in would not be in the same room as me. Nice eh? Anyway, they are now undertaking the treatment they need and at each appointment they feel more and more comfortable. The reason being they are not rushed and pressured time wise as they would be in NHS practices, its a very different ball game!

Most people are not nervous, most people just haven't been looked after with lots of TLC and time
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy