Unhappy Would like advice please

Hi all

I'm unsure if this is the right place to post but I thought it was the most suitable so here goes..

I'm now in my early 20's and I've had a problem with my teeth since a very young age which has gradually got worse. Basically, my teeth are not straight, they have very bad decay and pretty much every one of my teeth at the top are either chipped or broken to the point where there's only a little piece of the tooth left. As you can imagine, it can get very painful for me and is also a great challenge to eat. I no longer have the ability to chew solid foods so I'm now only eating liquid or soft foods. It's also very painful to brush them.

As well as the physical side of things, the mental side has got to a serious point where my life has become tremendously hard to live. Due to being seriously self concious and embarrassed about my teeth, I have developed a condition called social anxiety that stops me from meeting/speaking to people and so I'm pretty much at home 24/7 avoiding contact with the outside world.

It's now got to the point where I'm feeling suicidal almost daily and know I need to get this one thing sorted ASAP.
    I know that i'll need serious cosmetic dentistry (although, i'm not sure what exactly) but this is something that I wouldn't be able to afford as I'm on benefits. Is there a chance that the NHS could help me on this? and how would I go about it?

Thanks for any replies/advice, it's very much appreciated!

Hi,

I'm sure one of the experts will post a reply shortly. In the meantime stay strong and you've made the first step by posting on here. I've got my first appointment on Friday, am really nervous.

Pete.

Hi Pete

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Good luck for friday, I hope it goes well for you.

Emma

You really need to see a dentist to have a full evaluation. The NHS will not do cosmetic dentistry but you should be able to have the decay sorted and return to health

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Good advice here from Dr Pav
    Dr Nick Fahey BDS (NZ), MCLIN DENT PROS (London), FRACDS, MRD RCS (Edin) Pros, MFDS RCS (Eng)