Unhappy Desperate for advice!!!!

Hi i had chipped a half of my tooth away from eating a toasted roll and went to the dentist.
    I was given a filling.
    After a week or so i had more pain so went back to a different dentist who told me i had an infection in the same tooth and would need a root canal.
    I was put on a course of antibiotics and went back to have the treatment done.
    After 2 days and 9 injections the treatment was carried out but the root of my tooth was bent making it difficult for my dentist to remove the whole nerve. Resulting in her filling the tooth with a temporary filling (which since has only half remaining) and sending me to hospital for treatment. The hospital told me my dentist should be able to do the procedure and then sent me back to my dentist but i didnt go as i was scared. It has been a few months now and im in mild pain but i am scared to go back. I am scared that it will be too painful so i just want it taken but i am afraid that when they try to pull the tooth it will collapse as it is just half a shell and not a whole tooth. I am really scared of what they will need to do.
    Please help

Hi

If you feel very nervous about extracting the tooth then iv sedation may be appropriate for you, for the procedure. Iv sedation is a form of concious sedation......helps to put the patient in a very relaxed state. We use this frequently for very nervous patients.

You would have to have consultation to see if this was appropriate.

Good luck!
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009

you need to find a good dentist and have it sorted, these problems usually only get worse with time
    Dr Nick Fahey BDS (NZ), MCLIN DENT PROS (London), FRACDS, MRD RCS (Edin) Pros, MFDS RCS (Eng)