Default Products I can use with Lumineers

My gums have been receding ever since I had my Lumineers placed. Because of the little ridge that Lumineers cause you to have on your teeth I have to be extra vigilant about cleaning and flossing. My gums are sometimes sore (although I have seen a hygienist and I do not have gum or periodontal disease) and I had heard that a product called Gengigel was very good. Will the use of this product effect my Lumineers in any way?

I also have a habit of using natural oils if I get a mouth ulcer (a remedy picked up from my Grandmother), usually clove oil, will this effect my Lumineers?

I have read recently that I should be using an alcohol-free mouthwash as regular Listerine etc can be damaging to Lumineers is this correct?

I would still like to hear from anyone who has successfully had their Lumineers removed without having to have them replaced with any other type of veneer.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Hi

"
    My gums have been receding ever since I had my Lumineers placed"

I would recommend that you see your dentist immediately regarding this, because this should not be the case. After any form of treatment it is vital to have regular dental appointments for maintainance.

Whenever veneers are placed we recommend the patient to see the hygienist for regular professional cleaning. Also it is vital floss is used in any situation i.e veneers, implants, bridges, etc.

Listerine is a good mouthwash which we routinely recommend. This should not affect veneers.

Regards

Raha
    Dr Raha Sepehrara BSC(Hons) BDS with Distinction

The Dental Suite, Leicestershire

Quality dental and Implant care

www.dental-suite.co.uk
    Winner of Best Young Dentist In the Midlands Award 2009

Default Re: Lumineers and Products

Thank you for your response Dr. I have seen the dentist that placed my Lumineers regularly since I had them fitted (9 appointments in 2 years). I have also seen a hygienist and my regular NHS dentist who I see for check ups. I brush with a soft toothbrush (electric) three times a day, use a special tongue cleaner and tongue brush and I floss and use mouthwash. No one has been able to tell me why my gums are receding although I do know that it must have something to do with the Lumineers. I have an appointment with another cosmetic dentist in November in the meantime I simply wanted to know if I may use a product on my gums that may help and if my use of natural oils will have any adverse effect.

Any advice would be most appreciated.