Default Lumineer Removal

Hi, I had six Lumineers placed on my top teeth 2 years ago and I want them off. I don't think my dentist had alot of experience with Lumineers and mine are awful. The edges have stained quite badly and they have irritated my gums to the extent that I have quite bad gum recession. I didn't have any prep done prior to the veneers being placed so my teeth are intact underneath. Has anyone had their Lumineers removed? and can anyone recommend a dentist that can do this for me?
    Please help me I am really starting to worry.

It should be straight forward to remove the Lumineers. I hope you can appreciate that we don't know what is underneath until we remove them! The key for yourself would be to make sure you get the result you want this time around to prevent having to have it done again any time soon.

I've learnt a lot of techniques globally and know how important it is not only to get a natural and excellent result but also to hide the margins very carefully so that they will never be seen. I personally correct a vast amount of failed cosmetics and would recommend you chose a dentist you are comfortable with. Most dentists will have a portfolio of work they have done

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Default Thank you. A little more advice please?

Thank you so much for your response Dr. There was nothing wrong with my teeth prior to having them put on I was just being extraordinarily vain and thought that veneers would be easier than having them bleached every few years. Will the veneers themselves have damaged my teeth? I would really like to have them taken off and then just have some bleaching done. Do you think it would be possible to go back to my natural teeth?

It won't be possible to simply remove the veneers. i know that Lumineers are marketed as "reversible" but they are stuck to your teeth, and in order to remove them we have to cut them off, which will inadvertantly include removal of a tiny amount of tooth structure. This would mean you would probably need new veneers to replace them. Again my advice would be to have them done to an exceptional standard so that you are happy with them.

I hope this helps
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

dear Jo,

I'll send you a private message in one moment
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com

Default Message not received

Sorry to bother you again Dr but I haven't received that message you promised to send me.

There must have been a problem with the messaging service, I've just resent it so please check your private messages

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com