Question inman aligner providers in NJ

hi,
    I asked my dentist about inman aligners. She never heard of it and instantly discouraged it saying that anything that moves the teeth too fast will damage your bones(or something to that effect).

The main problem right now for me is finding an inman aligner provider in New Jersey (USA). I looked at the list of providers in the inman aligner website and called one dentist's office from that list. They were puzzled - they never heard of inman aligner and they don't know how they are listed as the provider in the inman aligner website. I feel like most of the dentists in the list are not aware of this. Why is inman aligner company doing this? How can they claim a dentist will provide this treatment without his knowledge of any of this?

Anyway I am really hoping that somebody knows some dentist in NJ that is offering this and will let me know.

Thanks a lot.

Don Inman is a member of this forum as is Tif Qureshi who is heavily involved in the Inman Aligner here in the UK, I know from first hand experience that they would not list a provider unless this is something that they offer, it may be the case that the dentist who offered the treatment no longer works at that office but I am sure that Don would like to hear the details so that they could update their records.
    admin

We have had issues with people who answer phones not knowing all the services their employer offers.
    We only add names of providers after they have used and treated patients with Inman Aligners. I have had several calls lately saying listed providers in the New York and New Jersey areas don't know what Inman Aligners are, please give me the name / names f those you contacted so I can call them and or remove them from the list. We go out of our way to keep the list current and make sure anyone on the list is qualified and using a certified laboratory.

As for moving teeth to quickly... the Inman Aligner has never in 10 years damaged any teeth in any treatments.

In fact...moving teeth too slowly and keeping roots under orthodontic force for too long damages teeth, this is not my opinion but fact.

I am very sorry you are having trouble finding a provider and I will be happy to assist you, what is your zip code?

Regards,
    Don

Official Dentist - Inman Aligner Forum Moderator

Hi there

Don is exactly right.

The IA is totally safe. for two main reasons.

Firstly the forces used are gentle and consistent. (impossible to do with clear invisible -type braces)

Second, the Aligner is removed for at least 4 hours a day. There are studies that show risks of root damage reduce massively when orthodontic forces are removed for 4 hours a day. Clearly this cannot be done with fixed braces.

Really the only downside is that not all cases are suitable and that because its is removable, patients have to be disciplined!!!

hope this helps
    Dr. Tif Qureshi.BDS

UK Pioneer of the Inman Aligner.

straight-talks.com

Straight-talks Seminars for an enlightened approach to Cosmetic Dentistry.

Thank you so much, Dr. Qureshi and Don.

The dentist (or the dentist's office) that never heard of inman aligners was Dr. Cliff Rigby of Tinton Falls, NJ. The receptionist told me that she never heard of it and she said she will ask Dr. Rigby about it and she will get back to me. I even gave her the inman aligner website info. She never contacted me after that.

I was actually able to find another Orthodontist, Dr. William Wood (from the inman provider list) and I made an appointment with him. The receptionist at his office said they provide aligners but I felt like she didn't know what inman aligners are. But I am going today and hopefully the Dr. knows about it.

Thanks for your help. I am excited because I have very mild case of overlapping of the front 4 teeth and I am quite confident that the inman aligner would help.

Hey smr, were you ever able to find dentists in nj that offer IA? I'm in NJ as well and I've looked on the provider list and called a few dentists, and none of them seem to have heard of it.