Default Can canines be moved by Inman Aligner

Heya, ladies and gents of the Cosmetic Dentistry Guide forum!

Ok, so basically, i'm looking to get braces, and would much prefer the Inman Aligner done. However, I'm not sure if i'm a likely candidate for the treatment.
    A baby canine tooth that I should have had removed 10 years ago, has forced the adult canine tooth to grown underneath it, pushing it to the inside of my upper gum. I wanted to get a couple of crowns on my lateral incisors for cosmetic reasons, after having that baby canine tooth extracted, but was told by the consultant at the dental practice that it would be neccessary to push the adult canine tooth to it's right place on my upper gum via orthodontic treatment. Having seen the prices, of normal train tracks extending between £2000 and £3000, i saw that not only were Inman Aligners cheaper, but they also carried out the treatment in a significantly shorter space of time. So my question is, is it possible to have that canine tooth pushed forward, towards the center of my gum, or will I have to settle for train tracks? (Can the Inman Aligner be used to treat the canine teeth as well, or just the 4 incisors?)

Official Dentist - Inman Aligner Forum Moderator

Canines can be pushed forward by Inman Aligners, but a slightly different bespoke appliance needs to be made.
    It very much depends on the degree of movement needed.
    I would recommend going to a certified user with some experience as this could be out of the normal range of treatment and may require a combined approach with clear braces.
    Dr. Tif Qureshi.BDS

UK Pioneer of the Inman Aligner.

straight-talks.com

Straight-talks Seminars for an enlightened approach to Cosmetic Dentistry.

Alright, thanks. Do you know anyone in the West Midlands/Birmingham region that can do it, and roughly how much they would charge? I can't seem to find any practices offering the Inman Aligner in Birmingham.

Thanks again in advance.

Default Suitable for everyone ?

Hi

I have recently been reading up on the Inman and wondered what sort of people would not be able to benefit from it.
    I had braces for 4 years back in my teens and due to poor aftercare instruction my teeth have relapsed quite badly at the front , upper and lower.
    However I also have a full crown on one of my back teeth and am likely to need another one on the other side due to my back teeth being a little weak.

Can people with crowns have the Inman , or is it not even possible ?

Crowns are not a contra indication for the Inman aligner. You would need an assessment to see if you are suitable

I hope this helps

Kindest regards
    www.migrainecare.co.uk

www.redskydentalspa.com
    Special interest in TMJ treatments, tension headaches and migraine therapy

Yes it does

many thanks